What percentage of iPads sold are 3G
Apple quarterly figures: 35 million iPhones in 3 months
It's getting almost boring: Apple is reporting record numbers again, this time based on sales of iPhones, iPads and Macs in a so-called “March quarter”, the second quarter of the Apple financial year ending on March 31st. Apple boss Tim Cook said:
We’re thrilled with sales of over 35 million iPhones and almost 12 million iPads in the March quarter. The new iPad is off to a great start, and across the year you're going to see a lot more of the kind of innovation that only Apple can deliver.
A whopping 35 million iPhones and almost 12 million iPads have been sold in the past three months. This corresponds to an increase of 88 percent for iPhones and even 151 percent for iPads sold. There was also an increase in the Macs, here the 4 million computers sold mean an increase of 4 percent compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year. The drop in sales figures, which has been ongoing for some time, is only continuing with the iPods, with 7.7 million units being sold, around 15 percent fewer devices.
All in all, Apple is very satisfied with the past quarter and speaks of a 94 percent increase in profits compared to the same quarter of the previous year.
Here is the complete German press release:
Apple announces results for the second quarter
Record March quarter sales of iPhones, iPads and Macs
Net profit increases 94 percent compared to the same quarter last year
CUPERTINO, California - April 24, 2012 - Apple today announced results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2012, which ended March 31, 2012. In the past quarter, Apple had sales of 39.2 billion US dollars and quarterly net income of 11.6 billion US dollars or 12.30 US dollars per share. In the prior-year quarter, it posted sales of $ 24.7 billion and net income of $ 6.00 billion or $ 6.40 per share. The gross profit margin was 47.4 percent, compared to 41.4 percent in the prior-year quarter. The non-US share of sales for the quarter was 64 percent.
The company sold 35.1 million iPhones in the second quarter of fiscal year 2012, which corresponds to 88 percent more sales compared to the same quarter last year. In the past quarter Apple sold 11.8 million iPads, 151 percent more than in the same quarter of the previous year. The company sold 4 million Macs in the past quarter, 7 percent more compared to Q2 / 2011. Apple also sold 7.7 million iPods, which is 15 percent less than in the same quarter of the previous year.
"We're thrilled to have 35 million iPhones sold and nearly 12 million iPads sold in the March quarter," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "The new iPad is off to a great start, and we'll see a lot more of the kind of innovation only Apple can deliver over the year."
"Our record March quarter brought in $ 14 billion in cash on hand from operations," said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple's chief financial officer. "Looking ahead to the third fiscal quarter of 2012, we expect revenue of $ 34 billion, or $ 8.68 per diluted share."
- Hate ISIS
- How dangerous are redtail boas
- Why is there pain in this world
- Can you write a poem about photosynthesis?
- What are the attributes of accounting
- What's the story behind human dignity
- Will I ever get famous
- Why do I need a web server
- How is Ticwatch S.
- What are the good colleges in Jodhpur
- Could a futurologist implement my AI ideas?
- What will the future prison look like?
- How can technology have a positive impact on life?
- Are glasses allowed in the British Army?
- Which HTML editor are you using
- How do I refill the toner cartridge
- How strong are squid and squid really
- Which Android app plays music over FM
- How does psoriasis cure through holistic treatment
- Should journalism be controlled in India
- Which came first bread or agriculture 1
- Who are you surprised is still alive
- How did you get into the Kaaba?
- Why do weak executives create complexity