What is Android 5
Intuitive design: flowing, purposeful movement
Content reacts intuitively to your touch.
Make even better use of Android
Your device, your rules
You can adjust your settings individually so that you only receive certain messages and are only available to certain people. If it's important, you can reply right from your lock screen.
More entertainment, less loading time
The energy-saving function, which increases the device runtime by up to 90 minutes, ensures long-lasting performance. And now it's easier to keep track of your power consumption: you can see the estimated time remaining until your battery needs to be charged and how long it will take before the battery is fully charged and ready to go.
More security for your device
Use guest mode to securely share your device with others. Or create multiple user accounts so that your friends can log into your device. In either case, your guests will not be able to access your private information. And you can also use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your vehicle.
What else Android Lollipop has to offer
Clear, colorful and responsive user interface design that provides a coherent, intuitive experience across all devices.
- The responsive, natural movement, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visuals make navigating your device easier.
- Lively new colors, appealing typography and borderless images allow you to always concentrate on the essentials.
New functions allow you to determine when and how you receive messages. So you will only be interrupted when you want to.
- You can read and reply to messages right from your lock screen. It is also possible to hide sensitive content from these notifications.
- If you want to be interrupted less often, switch on the priority mode with the volume button so that only certain people or notifications can reach you. Or schedule a regular rest period, such as B. from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m., when you only receive important notifications.
- The Lollipop version makes it possible that incoming phone calls do not interrupt you while watching movies or playing games. You can decide whether to answer the call or continue with what you are doing.
- Control the notifications triggered by your apps. You can hide sensitive content and prioritize or completely deactivate the notifications of your apps.
- By taking into account the sender and the type of notification, a more intelligent classification of the notifications is possible. Tap the top of the screen to see all of your notifications in one place.
Extra long runtime
- An energy-saving function extends the operating time of the device by up to 90 minutes.
- When charging, it shows how long it will take until the battery is fully charged.
- You can find the estimated time remaining before a recharge is required in the battery settings.
Keep private things to yourself
- The SELinux activated for all apps ensures better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
- Protect your smartphone or tablet with Android Smart Lock by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or even your vehicle.
More flexibility when sharing with family and friends
- Multiple users for smartphones: If you've forgotten your smartphone, you can still call your friends or access your messages or photos by simply signing in on another Android smartphone that has version Lollipop 5.0. This is also a perfect solution for families who share a smartphone but don't want to share their private life.
- With guest mode for smartphones and tablets, you let others have your device, but not your data
- Pin screen: Thanks to the screen lock, a user can access the corresponding content without accessing other private content.
Access your most frequently used settings from the top of the screen by simply swiping down twice
- Handy controls for flashlight, hotspot, screen orientation and transfer
- Easier to use on / off switch for WiFi, Bluetooth and location
- Manually adjust the brightness under certain environmental conditions. The adaptive brightness is regulated based on the ambient lighting.
A better internet connection everywhere and a more powerful Bluetooth capability in power saving mode
- Improved network handovers result in fewer disruptions to connectivity. For example, you can continue your video chat or VoIP conversation without interruption when you leave the house and switch from your home Wi-Fi network to the mobile network.
- Improved network selection logic so that your device only connects to a Wi-Fi network if it can be proven that an internet connection is available.
- Energy-saving search for Bluetooth Low Energy (“BLE”) devices such as wearables or "beacons" (mini transmitters)
- New BLE peripheral mode
A faster, smoother, more powerful user experience
- ART (Android Runtime), a completely new runtime environment, improves app performance and responsiveness.
- Up to four times better performance
- Smoother user interface for complex, interactive applications
- Apps and services that run in the background are compiled so you can do more at the same time.
- Support for 64-bit devices such as Nexus 9, making desktop-class CPUs Android-capable
- Support for 64-bit System-on-a-Chip (SoC) using ARM, x86 and MIPS based cores
- Native 64-bit apps such as Chrome, Gmail, Calendar, Google Play Music and others are included.
- Pure Java apps automatically run as 64-bit apps.
Clearer graphics and improved audio, video and camera functions
- A low-latency audio input ensures that music and communication apps with strict delay requirements deliver an amazing real-time experience.
- The multi-channel audio stream capability ensures that professional audio apps can now mix up to eight channels, including 5.1 and 7.1 channels.
- USB audio support means that you can plug USB microphones, speakers and numerous other USB audio devices such as amplifiers or mixers into your Android device.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android Extension Pack bring Android to the forefront of mobile graphics and enable desktop and console class performance.
- Android Lollipop offers you numerous functions for professional photography that allow you to:
- Recordings that reach a frame rate of 30 fps at full resolution
- Support of raw formats like YUV and Bayer RAW
- Control of the settings for sensor, lens and flash for each individual image
- Storage of metadata such as sound models and optical information in images
- State-of-the-art video technology, with HEVC support for UHD 4K video playback, tunneled video solution for high quality video playback on Android TV, and improved HLS support for streaming
Easily access information and perform tasks
- Even if your screen is off, you can still use the "Ok Google" function on devices that support digital signal processing, such as the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.
- You can talk to Google on the go for quick replies, text messages, routes, and more.
Support of devices in the living room
- The user interface is tailored for use in the living room.
- With personal recommendations on content like movies and TV shows, you'll spend less time searching and more time actually watching.
- Voice search is available for Google Play, YouTube, and supported apps. All you have to do is say what you want to see.
- With Android, you can play games on your TV with a gamepad just like a console.
- Bring your favorite entertainment apps to the big screen with Google Cast support for Android TV devices.
Improved features for the visually impaired and color blind
- You can increase the contrast of the text and invert the colors to make it easier to read.
- You can customize the display to improve color differentiation.
15 new languages
- Basque, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Hong Kong), Galician, Icelandic, Kannada, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepalese, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu
Quickly ready to go and functional
- Transfer via NFC: With just one tap on your old smartphone, you can set up your new Android smartphone or tablet in no time (NFC is required).
- When you start using a new Android smartphone or tablet, you can automatically transfer all apps from Google Play from your old device to your new Android device.
- Mobile payment: easy management of multiple payment apps by quickly switching between apps.
- Print preview and page area support
- Redesigned display of battery, Bluetooth, data usage and WLAN settings and new search function in the settings
- For Nexus devices, a new feedback function is available at device level under "Settings> Phone info> Give feedback".
- Sharing made easier:
- Improved sorting of your options in the "Share" menu
- Android Beam: Allows you to share a file by gently tapping two devices together.
- The device turns on as soon as you pick it up or double-tap the screen (if supported by the hardware).
- Improved support for hardware keyboard accessories, including multilingual and emoji input, search key, and optimized app and system key chords.
What Android also has to offer
Find out more about the content in the carousel. Use the previous and next buttons and the arrow keys on the keyboard to switch between the displayed content.
- How was your weight loss
- How can I prepare a homemade anesthetic
- Is Budweiser stronger than Corona
- What are PA speakers
- How do I pray properly in tongues
- What is the scope of augmented reality
- What are most people ashamed of?
- A2 milk is just a marketing gimmick
- How do I create an Android application
- Which answers apply to all questions
- What is the deepest mine
- What did the American patriots want
- How do I stay away from smoking
- Should I study A + to learn hacking
- Do you dream interpretation
- Will weeds keep me depressed any longer
- How to contact the Google CEO
- What is the difference between IBGP and EBGP
- What is the chemical for love
- What is the size of a gram of meth
- What properties determine a light-colored mild steel
- Why is a nautical mile different?
- Is this phrase too strange to use
- Is green tea really effective or not