Learning via apps
SoloLearn - learn to code in the community
The real specialty of the app, however, lies in its community. Because this not only ensures that beginners and advanced programmers feel well advised on problems, but they themselves add lessons to the existing ones and also impart their knowledge in new areas. So you can not only learn to program in the app, but also everything you need to know about machine learning, databases and the like. I like to believe that with so many free courses it is easy to overwhelm yourself.
The app can be downloaded for free for Android and iOS here.
Codecademy brings you bit by bit
With every day that you program, a streak is added to you, which is supposed to serve as additional motivation. In the paid Pro version, there are significantly more learning sessions and the opportunity to participate in the programming projects of other users. This app is also available free of charge for Android and iOS.
Professional with restrictions: DataCamp
It's a funny feeling when you get XP, i.e. experience points, by completing a lesson. This is exactly what is possible in the DataCamp app. As in the other two apps, you can choose between different programming languages. The app itself offers introductory courses for Python and SQL as well as an introduction to data processing. Here, however, the application reaches its limits, because there is not much to see in the app itself. On the developer's website you should be able to complete even more courses on a wide variety of topics, also free of charge. But the app is only suitable for those who really just want to get an overview of the coding. Nevertheless, it is attractively designed and the makers behind it promise that more courses will come online soon.
The app is available free of charge for iOS and Android.
I really like the user interface and general approach at Codecademy. The app is clear, simple and well designed. Still, SoloLearn will be the only app out of these three that I will keep installed on my smartphone in the long term. This is largely due to the great community, which not only answers many questions, but can also work creatively with each other. It is exciting to see what progress others have already made with the app, so that you are immediately motivated to continue learning. There are also badgets that can be earned. In other words, small badges that you get for completing the individual courses. It should be mentioned at this point that most of the courses in the apps are in English. Certain language skills have to be brought along one way or another.
As I said, DataCamp is sure to be a platform that can give you interesting insights, but Codecademy and SoloLearn are just further ahead in terms of scope. And if you really want to learn a lot and get really deep into the world of coding, then I recommend SoloLearn. Because even if the app advertises here and there to finance itself, it is amazing how much free knowledge it contains.
Image by Sergey via adobestock.com
is interested in everything that has to do with the media. She is particularly open to topics in the digital sector and is always up to date when it comes to gaming.
Send articles by email
- Why hasn't gluten been banned yet?
- What is a community forum
- Which channel will Michigan Football be on?
- Is Adderall effective for anxiety
- Should Christians celebrate Easter
- Whatever happened to actress Jewel Blanch
- Where is ancient Egypt located
- What is temporary gallery
- How is the experience after cracking AIIMS
- How were Uranus satellites named
- Why doesn't Trump seem to be aging
- What if Iran is armed with nuclear weapons
- What is non-polar in chemistry
- How do you know what is right?
- Broadband gives good speeds
- What is a good makeup tutorial
- How is NLU Raipur
- How's the AA3 batch responding
- What are some creative uses for wood
- The AIDS virus is replicated through mitosis
- Automation will make capitalism obsolete
- How do you say fried in Indonesian
- Why do Swedes answer the Danes in English
- Kotlin will dominate Android development next year
- Will smoking really decrease my height?
- Why choose a camera tripod
- How strong is your parent's relationship
- Which rock band was the most harmonious
- How big is the pharmaceutical industry
- Where is the capital of Israel
- Where does the term hipster come from?
- You can take Adderall and Amoxicillin together
- Will the military pay for the breast augmentation
- Are there petrol stations at ship anchors?