Can you explain this bizarre event?
The 10 greatest physical puzzles of our time
Wouldn't it be nice to have a single theory from which all the laws of physics can be derived? Many famous physicists, including Einstein, found the idea not only tempting, but plausible. Your search for this one "world formula" was in vain. Nevertheless, even today many scientists are still convinced that there must or at least could be a single unifying theory. The first big step would be a so-called "Grand Unified Theory" (GUT). It should derive three of the four basic physical forces from a single elementary force: (i) the electromagnetic, (ii) the weak interaction that is involved in decay and transformation processes, and (iii) the strong interaction that holds the atomic nuclei together. Since these three forces have a similar mathematical structure, physicists suspect that the existence of the GUT is likely.
In the actual world formula or "Theory Of Everything" (TOE) one would also have to include the fourth force, gravity. The expectations of the TOE are high: It should explain the nature of dark matter and dark energy as well as many phenomena in the history of our universe. Hot candidates for a world formula are M-theory (a generalized and expanded string theory) and loop quantum gravity. Both theories, however, still face significant problems and are far from being able to serve as all-encompassing descriptions. It is difficult to look for something that you do not know whether it actually exists.
- Goat is a profitable business in Australia
- Is Divya Bharti overrated
- What is an academic background
- Who is the father of analog computers
- All simple ideas for semantic web projects
- Why do we need a middle name
- You can multiply x 98 x 5
- Is Hyundai Creta a rugged SUV
- Why was communication created with visible light
- Which countries are hot in October 2019
- Who is HIPAA really protecting?
- Where is the Mars Scout now
- What functions are today's payment gateways MISSING
- Hang gliding is prohibited in Karnataka
- What's free on toppr com
- Dynamo Kyiv is a big club
- What is the use of Yywrap in LEX
- What keeps you motivated, focused and organized
- WeWork has big competitors
- What is a standard library in programming
- What is Bacopa good for?
- What does mon cheri
- What is the intuition behind this solution
- What is 123456789 squared