Does the law of nature rule human behavior
Findings and errors in medicine and natural sciences
Those who have new ideas often only encounter rejection. This is no different in the natural sciences and in medicine than in everyday life. As the author impressively shows, many scientific discoveries and now generally accepted theories sometimes took decades or even centuries before they were finally accepted by the luminaries of the time . Some discoverers were only celebrated posthumously, and some big names appear in a poor light if you take a closer look at their errors. And the author understands that excellently, without causing malicious glee.
The book is divided into two large sections. In the first part, the author deals with the questions of what is to be understood by natural sciences and natural laws, and he asks to what extent the natural sciences can produce findings of lasting validity. It is impressively explained how paradigm shifts and progress in the natural sciences are related. The second part is a collection of errors in medicine, biology, chemistry, physics and geology and how these were eventually corrected.
An entertaining but also instructive reading pleasure not only for those interested in science or history!
From the content:
- The emergence of the gastric ulcer
- Is there spontaneous generation of living beings?
- Evolution and Darwinism
- What are elements?
- what is light?
- The expanding universe
- How stable is the earth's crust?
Prof. Dr. Hans R. Kricheldorf taught and researched at the Universities of Freiburg and Hamburg in the field of macromolecular chemistry. Today he is impressively devoted to his hobby of looking at the natural sciences historically.
Authors and affiliations
- 1.Institute for Technical and Macromolecular ChemistryUniversity HamburgHamburgGermany
About the authors
- Can a child see a ghost
- Is POP3 TCP or UDP
- What makes parent-child relationships beautiful
- Is there a cure for albinism
- Is dextrose a refined sugar
- Believe in mind control
- How are macromolecular conformational changes measured
- Can you stream UFC online legally
- Why does my pregnant cat keep meowing
- How can I train myself in cybersecurity
- Sales jobs are difficult
- Why is ascorbic acid unstable in water
- Is there a safe place in Pakistan
- How successful is a tumor removal operation
- Did my dog eat my mother
- How intelligent was Varys
- What are some examples of exotic sweets
- Nazi Germany was a superpower
- Who was the Prophet Emmanuel
- Uses Facebook code MVC
- How was your first hitchhiking experience
- Did people walk with dinosaurs?
- What is meant by real peace
- Is that an inclusion