Why is this evil sadistic
psychology Dark factor: all evil has the same core
Egoists, narcissists, sadists: they have more in common than you think. Researchers at the universities of Koblenz-Landau, Ulm and Copenhagen have researched the common core of these difficult personality traits and summarized it as the so-called "dark factor": the dark side of the personality, the common core of many difficult personality traits.
Egoism, spite, Machiavellianism, moral disinhibition, narcissism, psychopathy, sadism, self-centeredness and exaggerated pretension - their common core, which the researchers call the "D factor" for short, describes an extreme form of individual benefit maximization, the "walking over corpses" : When people put their own benefit above everything else, accepting damage for others or society and justifying this to themselves.
Morten Moshagen, who heads the "Psychological Research Methods" department at Ulm University, summarizes the results of the study.
The core part of this dark factor of personality is an exaggerated egoism that has negative effects on others or on society in general. This is accompanied by beliefs that prevent feelings of guilt, remorse and moral scruples.Prof. Morten Mortenshagen
Dark factor analysis instead of individual questionnaires
So far, people with such personality disorders have been analyzed and diagnosed in elaborate questionnaires. In the opinion of Professor Benjamin Hilbig from the University of Koblenz-Landau and his colleagues, these are not even necessary, as many of these properties differ relatively little, as their joint study with 2,500 test persons shows. In addition to questionnaires, the behavior of the test subjects was also examined in game situations, such as in the "dictator game", in which participants can distribute money to themselves and strangers.
Who needs the D factor ?!
But where is the knowledge about the D-factor useful? Professor Morten Moshagen, for example, evaluates the D-factor as an indicator for predicting selfish and dishonest behavior: "To put it bluntly, one could say that when a boss gleefully cleanses his employees down, the probability is high that he will also take advantage of business partners, evade taxes or his wife is cheating. " Knowing about the difficult behavior of a person can also be useful when selecting personnel in companies that are looking for people with certain personality traits.
- What is now similar to Backpage
- Playing should be considered a sport
- How do I get to cloud storage
- What do hedge funds celebrate
- President Obama was calm in stressful situations
- What are simple prepositions
- What are great ideas for a honeymoon
- What is the plot of Interstellar
- Supports Bluetooth multi-channel sound
- Are plush animals safe for children
- What is the value of 498
- Which song is played musically behind
- Is Amazon Prime 6 worth it
- Which are top cricket league
- What is a Berliet VXB 170
- What is the rank of commander?
- Batman versus Superman who is better
- Can the Samsung Galaxy S9 VR do
- What is Ethereum's virtual machine
- Who are certified financial planners
- What makes reed croet poisonous to dogs
- What do some in Kerala have to eat
- How can our community be developed
- Who is Shalom
- What is literally impossible to describe
- Who was the first Japanese geisha
- What is self-induced amnesia
- How do clocks measure time internally
- Where is the Sindh River
- Where can I learn to swim in Vizag
- Which artists are similar to ZZ Top
- California practices socialism
- Why is Aoun now supporting Hezbollah?