Can we marry siblings
Marriage bans: who is actually allowed to marry whom in Germany?
January 19, 2018 - 7:19 pm
Wedding between relatives: is it allowed?
We reported about the unusual love of Josephine (17) and Gerrit (49). Josephine was only 14 when she got together with her aunt's 32-year-old ex-husband. Now the two want to get married. Is that even allowed? Who can marry whom in Germany?
In the worst case, there is a risk of jail
Where does love fall This does not apply to a marriage in Germany! There are clear laws about who can marry whom. Here are the most important rules at a glance, you can find out more exciting facts in the video:
1. Prohibition of double marriages
A marriage may not be concluded if one of the partners is already married to a third person or is registered in a civil partnership. If they do get married, this is considered a criminal offense. In the worst case, it can result in a three-year prison sentence.
Marriage between relatives is also prohibited - but only for relatives in a straight line. This means that parents cannot marry their birth or adopted children or their grandchildren. The same also applies to "full and half-born" siblings (with one or two common parents). However, relatives in a not straight line may be married. For example, cousins are allowed to marry. Step-siblings are also allowed to marry as long as they do not have a parent in common.
In Germany, only people of legal age are allowed to marry. None of the partners can be a minor.
Josephine (17) and Gerrit (49) have to wait until the wedding, until Josephine is of legal age next year.
- Will replace typescript C.
- How can I terminate my home loan
- What is the economy of your life
- What are the best resources for procurement
- How can I select capacitors in a circuit
- What is solar radiation pressure
- Generates energy matter
- How does a house get dirty
- What is Shatapatha Brahmana
- How could I get out of ADHD
- What is Vi Hart's math educational background
- What is CRICOS
- How quickly can supercomputers solve NP problems
- Cooks my hobby
- How to contact the Google CEO
- Peak lapels are out of style
- Can nicotine be detected in the urine
- What are some forgotten kingdoms
- What is the worst NFL football team
- Why are statistics important to our lives
- How many types of molded parts are there
- Is SuperM a permanent group
- How many blocks are there in San Francisco?
- May girls submit to submissive men