How do I understand Euler's identity
Euler's formula / Euler's identity
In 1748 Leonhard Euler proved in the context of his work Introductio in analysin infinitorum the so-called Euler's identity. The following equation applies to real numbers x:
Euler's formula connects the natural exponential function e in the complex number spacex with the trigonometric functions sin (x) and cos (x). First of all, that's pretty amazing and anything but trivial. The connection can be seen quite well with the help of the Tayler series development of the respective functions.
The power series of cosine (i * x) and sine (i * x) are very similar to that of ei x.
Who looks closely and i2 = -1 is taken into account, who will recognize that the components of the sine and cosine series can be added up exactly to the components of the E-function series. The derivation via the power series also forms the basis for the proof of the Euler formula.
A special case of Euler's formula or identity is the case x = π. If we insert the circle number pi into Euler's equation, we get
ei * π = -1
If that's not really amazing ...
Isn't that nice? It becomes even more beautiful after a slight reshaping: eπi + 1 = 0. This application of Euler's formula combines five of the most important numbers in mathematics in one formula. This particular equation is often referred to as Euler's identity.
- Is Maida healthy with added oil
- Helps screaming the lungs
- What is the best investment decision
- What date was Quora created
- Where do the Daen come from?
- How are SAT tests created
- Why does Europe not use compulsory food fortification
- What are the best Mohanlal films
- What's wrong with today's workforce
- Medication may make it difficult to breathe
- How do I survive in Fortnite
- Who invented femto photography?
- Can you be overweight with muscles
- Everyone is mean in this world
- Why is Ruban Kumar still in VIT
- People who become Scientologists are impressionable people
- How can I make butter-flavored shortening?
- How many apples are in a pound
- Where is the running place in Ahmedabad
- Why is the Quran so important
- Is bone tuberculosis dangerous
- What do people least know
- How do mathematicians go about proving a theorem?
- What is Lagrange