What is a precipitation reaction
Registration date: 07/08/2004
Place of residence: Hamburg
|Posted: May 30, 2005 9:25 PM Subject:|
| ok, I'll give it a try. |
So you know, there are substances that dissolve in water and there are substances that do not dissolve in water because they are sparingly soluble.
A precipitation reaction is e.g. the detection of chloride with silver nitrate.
So let's say you have a glass of water with table salt in it. Table salt is water-soluble. So there are Cl ions in the solution.
We need a silver nitrate solution to prove it. Silver nitrate is also soluble in water and the solution contains Ag +, among other things.
If you now put these two solutions together, Cl- and Ag + also come together. Together they make AgCl, silver chloride, and that is sparingly soluble. Therefore AgCl will turn out to you as a white precipitate. It arises as soon as you put both solutions together.
In the solution, which was previously transparent, you will then see something white that will settle on the floor after a while.
The precipitate is a solid that you could filter off.
The remaining ions are still dissolved.
The reaction equation is:
So you see AgCl combine and fail. The sodium ion and nitrate ion remain in solution because sodium nitrate is soluble in water.
- How do I sprint 100 m faster
- What a mutated grade is Wolverine
- Should I leave my hostel?
- Is there a Bitcoin address wallet for India
- Why can't I work smart?
- What are the Symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus
- Why did vomiting make my migraines worse
- Have you ever had an intelligent conversation?
- Why are people with depression angry
- What are some effects of assonance
- What does DHQ mean when writing SMS
- What is a DMZ host in computers
- What is cash management
- What motivates you to get up and shine
- Can you be overweight with muscles
- What is another word for the memory of the past
- How do clocks measure time internally
- What songs did Madonna release after 2005?
- What is the epicenter and the focus of the earthquake
- Why is oil measured in barrels
- How important are UX methods
- What is meant by resistance?
- What are the health benefits of wheat
- Where is Gurudwara Sahib in Belgaum
- What is Unsecured Business Loans
- What does it mean to be corrupt
- What is Jennifer Lawrence's next film
- How Business Directory Websites Make Money
- Who is the Lucasfilm mascot
- How does Y Combinator earn profit
- How can I copy music from YouTube
- Is it worth learning shorthand
- How can I learn more about Android