What is an inductance 1
Coil / coils / inductance
A coil is an electronic component. A typical coil is a solid body around which wire is wrapped. However, this body does not have to be present. It usually only serves to stabilize the thin wire. The special property of a coil is its inductance. What capacitance is to a capacitor, inductance is to a coil.
Inductance is the ability of a coil to generate a voltage in its own turns using a magnetic field. It is said that the coil induces a voltage. The trigger is the voltage's magnetic field.
A coil has an inductance of 1 H if a self-induction voltage of 1 V is generated with a uniform current change of 1 A in one second.
The term inductance is generally used as an umbrella term for various coils.
Unit and symbols
The symbol is the capital L. The inductance L has the unit Ωs. The unit Ωs has the designation H (Henry).
In electronics, small coils with a small inductance are usually specified in mH.
|Henry||1 H.||1 H.||100 H|
|Millihenry||1 mH||0.001 H.||10-3 H|
|Microhenry||1 µH||0.000001 H.||10-6 H|
|Nanohenry||1 nH||0.000000001 H.||10-9 H|
If a constantly changing current flows through a coil, a constantly changing magnetic field is created around the coil. Every change in the current or magnetic flux generates a self-induction voltage in the coil. This voltage is directed in such a way that it counteracts a change in current over a certain period of time. A decrease in the current leads to an increase in the voltage. And an increase in current leads to a decrease in voltage.
The self-induced voltage UL. is all the greater
- the greater the inductance L is.
- the greater the change in current ΔI is.
- the smaller the time Δt is the change in current.
The influence of the coil on the self-induction voltage is indicated by the self-induction coefficient. This is also called inductance.
(outdated with iron core)
- Air core coil (wound wire)
- Iron core coil with sheet metal core, HF core or ferrite core
In addition to the cylindrical shape, coils are also available in a flat design and as a rectangular shape winding. And then there are also components that have a design-related inductive component. Because there are coils in a wide variety of designs and shapes, one generally speaks of an inductance.
Other related topics:
The electronics company's original equipment
What every electronics technician needs: An electronics range with over 1,300 electronic components so that you have everything you need for every application.
- 30 different resistance values (600 pieces in total)
- 30 different ceramic capacitors (300 pieces in total)
- 12 different electrolytic capacitors (120 pieces in total)
- 8 different diodes (100 pieces in total)
- 17 different transistors (170 pieces in total)
- 5 different LEDs in size 3 mm and 5 mm in the colors 5 colors red, green, blue, yellow and white (200 pieces in total)
Order electronics assortment now
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
- What does a 40
- What is being conducted 1
- Real estate freaking is possible in India
- Should aspiring entrepreneurs go to college
- Why do insects like rotten food
- How to wash a knee support
- What is the best laptop for 3D modeling
- Which is a real youtube video downloader
- What is Android 5
- Is microwave cooked food safe for infants
- Is someone using iCloud
- Why are the French so dramatic
- Why is buttermilk healthier than cottage cheese
- How do you say fried in Indonesian
- Which group is better for the university of applied sciences?
- Service Host UtcSvc is a virus
- What is CPWD 7 8
- What are dinosaur fossils made of
- How does psychology see love
- How do you open a can
- What does well defined mean in math
- What is a bicycle pickup
- Is the IJSR UGC approved
- Which is better i10 or Swift Auto
- Which economic indicator best represents inequality?
- Where was Carrom invented
- Does CrossFit Really Help You Lose Weight
- How fast can you post on Craigslist
- What are the disadvantages of an autotransformer
- What is 50 minutes in degrees
- Pray Jesus for us
- Is God everywhere 3
- How can you make money online quickly
- Why we need social welfare in India