What is the goal of bpo
BPO - Business Process Outsourcing
Definition of BPO - Business Process Outsourcing
The SoftSelect Glossary / Lexicon briefly answers your questions about terms and abbreviations from the areas of the IT software and high-tech industry.
Definition and explanation of BPO - Business Process Outsourcing:
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is the outsourcing of business processes to external service providers. The aim of outsourcing is to relieve non-business-critical processes and the associated concentration on the core tasks of a company. A common example is payroll, which is done by third parties in many companies.
Business process outsourcing in comparison
There are a variety of BPO solutions on the market. A distinction is made between the outsourcing of primary (production / service creation, research and development, marketing and sales) and secondary processes (accounting, human resources (HR), customer care, etc.). When introducing BPO, a company should be prepared for adjustment measures in advance. This can be due, for example, to differences in the security standards or the software of the cooperating companies.
Examples of the use of business process outsourcing
The most commonly outsourced processes include:
- Finance and accounting / bookkeeping
- company pension scheme (bAV)
- Banks (processing of payment transactions, credit and securities transactions)
- Technical documentation (creation of external documentation and translations)
The advantages of business process outsourcing
- Access to specialist knowledge
- Concentration on the core business
- Capacity adjustment
- Efficiency increase
- External innovation impulses
- Transfer of operational risks to the BPO service provider
= Increase in sales
Potential disadvantages of business process outsourcing
- Problems with adjustment processes between the company and the BPO service provider
- Selection of the processes to be outsourced
- Lack of flexibility
- Conflicts in the protection of trade secrets
- Need for coordination with BPO service provider
A selection for BPO service providers can be found in our software selection with information on the company sector.
More detailed information on abbreviations, definitions and questions in the IT sector
Here you will find further explanations and information from our experts on the definition of the term: What is BPO - Business Process Outsourcing?
- A seal gets enough vacation
- What is the VAT rate
- Animals can misunderstand each other
- Can I get free money legally
- Was Jesus Christ a virgin
- Are there any unpopular K-pop groups
- What are the best iPhone apps 2
- What happens when you breathe in fiberglass
- Republicans got upset after Obama won
- What are the best help desk experiences
- Who was the first film critic
- Will Quora ever sell loans for money?
- Why is there unrest in Venezuela
- Cleaning nerite snails aquatic stem plants
- Will remove Instagram fake followers
- What's your favorite song from Agalloch
- Why does vitamin C have citric acid
- Which color goes well with white
- Has beer yeast in it
- Which book is considered an American classic
- Which amplifier is used by Led Zeppelin?
- The voters need wisdom for voting
- How can I be an internal auditor
- Who are animists