Can I bypass the ccavenue payment gateway?
How to Sell eBooks: Top 10 Places to Sell Your eBooks Online
Do you want to know how e - books sell like hotcakes? Do you want to know how we do within the first 20 days after the start Have made over 250 sales ? You are in the right place.
Are People Still Buying eBooks? Can You Make A Lot Of Money Selling eBooks?
The answer is yes.
You need two things to make huge profits from eBooks.
- Quality content
- The right platform to sell your e-books
If you're curious about how to sell your eBooks and make money, this in-depth post is a treat for you.
You will discover the BEST websites to sell your ebooks online and learn how to market ebooks online to increase your bottom line.
Quick note: If you want to know how to write an eBook from scratch, read this first.
Are you ready to learn Let's jump into the details. First, let's talk about where to sell your eBooks online in 2020.
Table of Contents
- How To Sell eBooks: Top 10 Websites To Sell eBooks Online
- 1. Gumroad
- 2. Razorpay
- 3. Instamojo
- 4. Amazon Kindle
- 5. Payment
- 6. Cash free
- 7. CCAvenue
- 8. E-Junkie
- 9. Sell
- 10. SendOwl
- How did we sell our first premium eBook?
- This is how we marketed our paid eBook
- 1. Use your blog
- 2. Use your email list
- 3. Use your social media channels (including YouTube!)
- 4. Use paid ads
- 5. Use Quora or similar sites
- This is how experienced bloggers sell their eBooks
- Fabrizio Van Marciano from Magnet4Blogging
- Ryan Biddulph from Blogging from Paradise
- Raunek Kantharia (Founder / Editor-in-Chief) of Marine Insight
- Enstine Muki
- FAQs about selling e-books online
- Final thoughts on selling e-books in 2020
How To Sell eBooks: Top 10 Websites To Sell eBooks Online
Gumroad is the perfect platform for bloggers, writers, writers etc. to sell their products including eBooks directly to their customers. You can sell digital products like subscriptions, license keys, pre-orders, etc. They can also sell physical products and offer discount codes or special offers.
- Sell everything from digital products to physical goods, subscriptions, pre-orders, etc.
- You can sell multiple versions of a product where your customers can choose between a PDF, ePub, or Mobi version of your e-book
- A free plan is available (but the transaction fee is a bit high at 8.5% on each sale)
- All major credit cards are accepted including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club and JCB
- PayPal is also built in to accept payments from your customers
- Just import your existing email list
- Easily offer discount codes for your products
How much does Gumroad cost?
It offers you both free and premium deals. For free accounts, the fee for each sale is only 8.5% + $ 0.30 per sale. Gumroad's Premium plan starts at $ 10 per month (or $ 108 if you pay annually) and the fee they charge for each sale is 3.5% + $ 0.30 per sale.
Razorpay gives you a ton of useful tools for accepting payments from your customers. You can easily create payment links, sell subscriptions with recurring transactions, and offer invoices to your customers who purchase digital products such as eBooks from you.
- You can seamlessly add payment gateways to your website or app
- You can create custom payment pages
- You can share payment links via email, SMS, messenger, chatbot, etc. and get paid instantly
- You can easily create subscription plans with automated recurring transactions
- Offers you 100+ payment modes including credit / debit cards, netbanking, UPI, wallets, etc.
- Excellent customer support as this is always available via email, phone and chat
- You have real-time access to all data, including customer information in your Razorpay dashboard
How much does Razorpay cost?
Here are the commission details.
- 2% per transaction on Indian Credit Cards, Indian Debit Cards, 58 Banks Net Banking, UPI, Wallets including Freecharge, Mobikwik, etc.
- 3% per transaction on Diners and Amex Cards, International Cards, EMI
- There is no setup fee and no annual maintenance fee.
Instamojo is currently used by over 1 million Indian companies with more than 10 million customers. If you are primarily targeting customers from India to sell your eBooks, Instamojo is a great platform for you. We also use the same platform to sell our eBooks.
- Allows access to over 100 payment modes
- You can track sales data in real time, get customer information and easily analyze the analysis of the payment gateway
- Allows access to the exclusive App Store where you can find tons of helpful addons that can help you with better conversions
- You can easily create discount codes
- You can create an affiliate program for your products to get more sales
- Immediate withdrawal function is available
How much does Instamojo charge?
Here you can find the pricing details for Instamojo.
- 2% per transaction on debit cards / credit cards, net banking, wallets and UPI
- 5% per transaction for digital products and files (such as eBooks)
- There are no setup or maintenance fees
4. Amazon Kindle
Without a doubt, Amazon is the best place to start selling your eBooks online. It has millions of customers worldwide and if the content of your eBook is great it will sell itself as Amazon opens the door to a lot more people around the world than you can ever imagine.
To get started, you first need to create a Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) account with Amazon. Here is the link that will get you started in 5 minutes and your book will appear in Kindle stores worldwide in 24 to 48 hours.
- Access to millions of readers worldwide as Amazon is a HUGE marketplace for eBooks
- You can earn up to 70% royalties on sales to customers in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, India, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and more
- You can offer your book for free for five days (which can give you more 5-star reviews from your existing network, e.g. blog followers, email lists, etc.).
How much does Amazon charge for self-publishing?
Like most of the other bookselling platforms mentioned here, Amazon does not charge any fees for publishing your eBook on the Kindle publishing platform. However, they do charge a percentage of every book sold.
The Amazon Kindle self-publishing service gives you two license fees.
- One is 35% and the other is 70%.
- For a 70% royalty, your eBook must be priced between $ 2.99 and $ 9.99. If the price of your eBook is above or below this amount, you will need to select the 35% royalty option.
Amazon begins paying royalties 60 days after the first sale.
If you want to sell all kinds of digital products, including e-books, memberships, software, design assets, and music-related digital products, Payhip is for you. It is used and trusted by more than 130,000 customers worldwide.
Best of all, Payhip offers "PDF Stamping," which is where your buyers' purchase details are stamped on every page of your PDF document to prevent them from illegally sharing with others.
- You can take sales from anywhere (be it your website, social media, or anywhere).
- You can offer discount codes for better conversions
- You can upload any type of file including e-books, software, video, etc.
- There are several payment options available to your customers (as they can pay with their PayPal account or card. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover and Diners Club etc.)
- Faster payouts as your sales are deposited to you as soon as a transaction is completed
How much does Payhip cost you?
It offers you a free version where you have to pay a 5% transaction fee for every sale you generate. If you don't want to pay that much transaction fee, you can go for two of their premium plans.
- Plus (costs you $ 29 per month if you have to pay 2% transaction fee)
- Pro (costs $ 99 per month with no transaction fee at all)
Side note: PayPal and Stripe continue to charge the standard rates after a transaction has been completed (this applies to all plans offered by Payhip).
6. Cash free
Cashfree is a payment gateway used by over 50,000 Indian and global companies to collect and withdraw payments in a variety of payment methods. In fact, it's backed by Y Combinator and incubated by Paypal.
Similar to Instamojo, you can easily sell your eBooks with Cashfree if you are primarily targeting Indian customers. You can also send money to any bank account, UPI address, or PayTM wallet by uploading a file or API.
- With a simple integration, you can easily collect local and international payments
- Offers on-demand withdrawals so you can withdraw bulk payments instantly
- Offers a variety of payment methods including Visa, MasterCard, Rupay, UPI, IMPS, NEFT, Paytm and other wallets, Pay Later and EMI options
- You can offer instant refunds to your customers
- You can also add subscription-based payments
- You can automatically track your customer payments with virtual bank accounts
How much does Cashfree cost you?
The fees charged by Cashfree for the payment gateway are listed here.
- 1.75% per transaction (on Indian credit cards and debit cards, including UPI payments like Google Pay, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, etc.)
- 2.5% per transaction (with options for later payment and EMI cards)
- 3.5% per transaction (on international credit and debit cards)
- No setup fee and no maintenance fee
CCAvenue is a leading payment gateway in India and currently serves more than 85% of the country's e-commerce merchants.
It offers a wide range of payment options such as all major credit cards, net banking options, debit cards, ATM PIN debit cards, prepaid instruments, and bank EMI. If your target customers are mostly Indian, CCAvenue is a great platform to sell eBooks.
- If you have a website, you can use the FREE CCAvenue shopping cart and sell online in less than 24 hours
- Offers over 200 payment modes ranging from credit cards to EMI options
- You can collect payments in 27 major currencies (so your customers can pay in their own currency).
- Offers a multilingual checkout page (with 18 major Indian and international languages)
- Provides retry option (i.e. if the customer's transaction fails due to reasons such as wrong card details, wrong payment option, etc., the retry option will be sent to complete the payment successfully.)
- Provides you with real-time statistical reports
How much does CCAvenue charge you?
Here are the fees charged by CCAvenue.
- 2% per transaction (on all Indian MasterCard, Visa & Rupay credit cards)
- 3% per transaction (on all international MasterCard and Visa credit / debit cards)
- No setup fee
E-Junkie is one of the most popular platforms for selling digital downloads online including e-books, art, comics, merchandise, music, etc. You can easily find it on your website, blog, social networks, WhatsApp, Messenger and anywhere sell online.
- You can download your files such as eBooks or promo codes immediately after successful payment
- You can also sell and ship physical products and calculate shipping costs using a variety of methods including UPS, USPS, flat rate, etc.
- You can offer an affiliate program for your products like eBooks to increase your online sales
- You can sell anything from digital downloads like e-books, art, music, videos, coupon codes to physical products
- They automatically create an SEO-friendly product landing page for you, pre-integrated with Google and Facebook analytics, so you can keep an eye on every single visitor and sale
- The ability to create product-specific promotions, discount codes or gift cards
- Most importantly, you can also list your products for free on the e-junkie marketplace to increase your product exposure
How much does e-junkie cost you?
E-Junkie is a subscription-based platform for selling digital products. That said, you have to pay them every month and they offer FOUR pricing plans, which are listed below.
- $ 5 per month (where you can sell up to 10 products with a storage limit of 200MB and unlimited sales and downloads)
- $ 10 per month (where you can sell up to 40 products with a 2GB storage limit and unlimited sales and downloads)
- $ 20 per month (where you can sell up to 150 products with an 8GB storage limit and unlimited sales and downloads)
- $ 40 per month (where you can sell unlimited products with unlimited storage and unlimited sales and downloads)
You can try them for free for 30 days. No setup fee. No transaction fee. No transaction limit and no bandwidth limit at all.
Sellfy is an incredible e-commerce platform for developers and bloggers looking to sell their digital products such as eBooks online. Currently, over 270,000 developers use Sellfy to sell digital downloads online.
- You can sell anything including physical goods, digital products, or subscriptions
- You can sell on your website or on your YouTube channels, Instagram page or even Soundcloud with a simple link
- Offers you multiple payment options with instant payouts
- All stores offer you a special shopping cart for faster checkout. It can also be embedded on your own website along with the Buy Now buttons
How much does Sellfy charge you?
Sellfy offers 3 pricing plans that are;
- Starter (costs you $ 19 per month if you choose their annual plans, up to $ 10,000 in sales per year, 0% transaction fee)
- Business (costs you $ 39 per month if you choose their annual plans, up to $ 50,000 in sales per year, 0% transaction fee)
- Premium (costs you $ 89 per month if you choose their annual plans, up to $ 200,000 in sales per year, 0% transaction fee)
There are no transaction fees or hidden costs.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use and conversion-focused platform to sell your eBooks or other digital products online, SendOwl is a great choice for you. From eBooks to software license keys to memberships, you can sell anything.
- Offers a wide range of payment options including credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or even Bitcoin
- You can sell to customers via email, social media, blog, or anywhere online
- Supports multilingual check-out (so that your customers can automatically see the check-out pages in their native language)
- Offers an integrated affiliate system so you can get more referral sales
- You can offer discount codes that are fully traceable
How much does SendOwl charge you?
It offers different pricing options which are listed below.
- The basic plan is $ 9 per month, with the option to sell 10 products, limited customization options, and 1GB of storage.
- The standard plan is $ 15 per month, which lets you sell 30 products, PDF stamps, partners, customizations, and 3GB of storage.
- The premium plan is $ 24 per month, which allows you to sell 100 products, PDF stamps, partners, 1 subscription, upsells, 5GB of storage data, streaming video, cart abandonment, and more
- The business plan is $ 39 per month, which allows you to sell 250 products, 3 subscriptions, upsells, partners, customizations, cart abandonment, streaming video, PDF stamps, 15GB of storage, and more
How did we sell our first premium eBook?
At the February 17th, 2020 we published our FIRST ever paid eBook on keyword research .
We sold over 60 copies in the first 24 hours.
We sold our eBook through two platforms.
- One is Gumroad (payment gateway for international buyers)
- The other platform is Instamojo (payment gateway for Indians)
Check out our latest screenshots.
From Instamojo: We have had over 220 sales with Instamojo so far.
From Gumroad: We have generated over 40 sales from Gumroad so far.
That means that in the first three weeks (at the time of this writing, that is, March 10, 2020) we made more than 250 sales.
Over 250 sales from our first paid product. Not bad, right?
What strategies did we use to market our eBook and increase sales? Let's cover that now.
This is how we marketed our paid eBook
How to Market Ebooks Online to Sell More Your eBook sales are directly proportional to the advertising tactics you use. People don't just buy because you sell something. You have to be hectic. You need to intelligently promote your eBooks in order to sell more. Here are 5 main advertising strategies we used to market our eBook.
1. Use your blog
We have used our blog extensively to promote our eBook. We have displayed everywhere, including above the fold (on the homepage), at the end of each post and also in the menu navigation area.
Your blog is the BEST advertising channel for your eBook. It doesn't matter if your blog is new or already has a lot of traffic, you need to market your eBook through your blog.
Make sure you find a list of 5 to 10 highly relevant blog posts or pages on your blog that are relevant to the topic of your eBook. Then, from these pages, start linking to your eBook.
Not only will this help you get better search rankings, but more people will find your eBook. You can do the same by adding your eBook from your top 10 blog posts that are generating traffic.
Here are some of the proven ways to use your blog to sell your ebooks.
Include it in your homepage: Selling eBooks for the first time? Don't forget to advertise on your website.
Just take a look at the homepage of our blog.
We are currently showing our newest premium e-book above the crease, which allows us to generate more exposure for our website visitors e-book. So if you are selling eBooks or other products that you own, it is always better to display them on your homepage as they will get a lot of exposure.
To create a sidebar widget: While we don't use a sidebar on our blog, most people still use the sidebar. If you're one of them too, it's a good idea to create a widget for your eBook and display it in your sidebar.
Create a landing page: We created a custom landing page for our premium keyword research eBook.
Here's what it looks like (e-book landing page is here).
Landing pages cause fewer distractions. Hence, they work like a charm to increase your conversions.
The Elementor plugin is another great way to create impressive landing pages for your eBook.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Elementor WordPress plugins to design attractive landing pages for your eBooks.
- Provides access to the first drag and drop page builder
- It also gives you a free version that will be enough for most of the people
- You can customize everything from header to footer (and sidebar to layouts etc).
Read: Elementor vs Divi Builder: Which is the Best Page Builder?
Read: Elementor Review: Is It The Best Page Builder For WordPress?
2. Use your email list
If you fail to create an email list, you are making a huge mistake. An email list gives you the highest ROI.
In fact, we didn't realize the true potential of our email list until we launched our first premium product, i.e. eBook (as we made a lot of sales from our list).
Here is the list of the few emails we sent to our email subscribers during the launch.
Our email list generated decent sales. We also ran special promotions exclusively for our email subscribers, which also resulted in additional sales.
Here's the thing: don't use your email list to aggressively promote eBooks or any other product.
Email marketing is all about authorization marketing. You shouldn't spam other email inboxes with your sales calls. In fact, you should be selling less and helping more.
Here are some quick tips on how to use your email list to increase your eBook sales.
- Train your audience. Create a series of emails relevant to the eBook you are promoting. Your first few emails were just meant to teach you something.
- Ask questions. Most of them will answer. They will talk about their problems often. Listen to them. You will get a ton of ideas that can potentially help you get more sales by creating better products.
- Offer exclusive discounts to your email lists. As a side note, we offered an EXCLUSIVE 50% discount on our email list to encourage more sales for our eBook, and guess what? It worked like a charm. Within 24 hours we generated more than 20 sales with 1 email!
3. Use your social media channels (including YouTube!)
One of the best ways to sell your digital products like eBooks is by using social media.
You can market to billions of people worldwide if you know how to use social media wisely.
Here are some quick statistics about social media users that may astound you.
- Facebook has 2.50 billion monthly active users
- YouTube has 2 billion monthly active users
- WhatsApp has 1.60 billion monthly active users
- Facebook Messenger has over 1.30 billion monthly active users
- Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active users
According to Statista, an estimated 2.65 billion people worldwide used social media in 2018, a number that is projected to grow to nearly 3.1 billion by 2021.
There's a HUGE market out there.
When using social media, make sure that you focus on ONE platform at a time.
Also, make sure you know what works well for a particular social network. For example, to get more out of Facebook, use Facebook Groups. You can join relevant groups and actively exchange ideas with others to make a name for yourself. Then it will be a lot easier to promote your eBooks with others.
Likewise, regular tweets and participation in Twitter chats will help you spread your name on Twitter.
No matter what industry you are in, you should try YouTube. Why? Not only is it the largest social media network, it's also the second largest search engine after Google.
In fact, we used our social media platforms (especially Facebook and YouTube) to promote and sell our eBook to increase sales. Both platforms worked very well for us.
4. Use paid ads
If you want to sell your eBooks for residual income, you need to use paid ads. Unless you have a huge network, it's nearly impossible to get sales every day. This is where creating a sales funnel with paid ads will help you generate sales every day!
What paid options can you try to get more sales for your eBooks?
You can try anything including Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Pinterest Ads, etc. However, we strongly recommend that you start with both FB Ads and Google Ads.
Let's talk briefly about both of them so that you can understand better.
Facebook ads: We preferred to use Facebook Ads over other paid ad platforms because we know that most of our target audiences spend most of their time on Facebook. We spent around 2000 rupees per day ($ 25-30 per day) and got a decent ROI.
Check out our editions for FB Ad Manager.
As you can see above, after we launched our eBook, we spent over 32,000 rupees (about $ 450 USD) on Facebook ads.
The results are;
- Impressions generated (over 134,000)
- Website purchases made (106)
Yes, we've made over 100 sales from Facebook ads alone.
What's the ROI?
We spent about $ 450 and generated about $ 106 * 7 = $ 742. In Indian currency, we have spent over 32,000 rupees and generated over 55,000 rupees. Not a bad ROI, is it?
If you do it right, Facebook Pixel can help you target a VERY relevant audience to increase your eBook sales.
This is what one of our FB ads looks like:
Google Ads: While we haven't tried Google Ads, this is a great option because you can use Google Ads to advertise to millions of people. However, this is a bit expensive compared to Facebook Ads. However, you get unique clicks every time, and the money you spend on paid Google ads will depend on the keywords you choose.
5. Use Quora or similar sites
Quora is the # 1 platform for bloggers. It's a great place to write helpful responses to promote your blog, increase your brand awareness and authority.
We use Quora extensively and have generated over 740,000 content views for our responses to date (at the time of this writing).
This is what my Quora profile looks like:
As you can see above, not only have I included some of my popular content in my Quora bio, but I've also posted some helpful answers related to my Keyword Research eBook.
Not only does it help get the eBook better known, it also has some SEO benefits due to links, user interactions, etc.
Similarly, you can use other platforms like Medium, Reddit, etc. to write helpful content and build an audience around your blog. They can also be useful for promoting and selling your eBooks.
This is how experienced bloggers sell their eBooks
This exclusive area will help you increase your eBook sales. We reached out to some veteran bloggers and writers who have already made a ton of sales from their eBooks.
Fabrizio Van Marciano from Magnet4Blogging
My first biggest tip would be to create something that will actually sell. Creating an eBook is all well and good, but if what you're creating doesn't sell, there's a problem.
So make sure you do your homework first. Do market research and find out how your eBook will help solve a unique problem for your target market. What value will it bring?
The second tip: price your e-book intelligently, then you stand by your price. When you put your heart and soul into creating a great eBook filled with valuable information, you should set a price that you think is worth it. Don't back down after that, it's a big mistake. Hire it, forget about it and the hell promote it. That brings me to my third tip.
Be anywhere with your eBook. There are so many platforms these days that you can sell your eBooks on. Don't be satisfied with just one platform. Sign up to multiple platforms and get promoted. Check out this video I made a while ago to discover some great places to sell your eBooks online.
Here is the video:
Ryan Biddulph from Blogging from Paradise
Tip 1 would be to write simple eBooks with practical tips. For my blogging tips niche, at least, people love reading eBooks with handy tips that they can use right away. Readers simply love because simple is powerful.
As far as tip 2 is concerned, publish numerous guest posts and link to one of your eBooks via each guest post. Advertise Free. Increase sales. Of course, ask bloggers whether self-promotion is allowed. If so, write helpful guest posts, then include a link to purchase your eBook in the post. Use your presence. Increase the profit of e-books.
Tip 3: The best way to increase eBook sales is to write your next eBook and self-publish it. I have written and published 126 eBooks myself. People who like any of your eBooks will buy more of your eBooks.
Increase sales by writing more helpful eBooks. Be abundant. Be generous. Write short, sweet, and valuable readings of 6,000 to 15,000 words. Each fits nicely into the Amazon Kindle's 30- to 45-minute Short Reads category.
Customers have ample time to read quick reads on their phone or Kindle. Keep things short and sweet. Be productive. Increase your sales. All of my eBooks are 6,000 to 15,000 words.
My readers love this length of eBook because they get valuable, useful information after a short, simple read. You can check out the eBooks published by Ryan from here.
Raunek Kantharia (Founder / Editor-in-Chief) of Marine Insight
Information products have always been in demand and are now more important than ever. There is so much information on any single topic online these days that people easily get confused and bogged down. So if you provide a well-researched and concise guide to a topic, you will win customers for life.
I'm going to give you three simple tips on how to create and sell an e-book even if you are new to it.
Ready? Let's begin.
Tip 1: Pick a Topic You're Passionate About - Unless you're passionate about something, researching and writing about something can be difficult. Creating a high quality e-book will cost you a lot of time and effort. If you are not enthusiastic about the topic, there is a high chance that you will not finish the e-book. Pick a topic that is close to your heart or that really interests you.
Tip 2: You don't have to be an expert on the subject, you have to be the best compiler. If you are waiting to be an expert on a subject to create an e-book, you will never get started. I am not saying that you are making and selling an inferior product. But if you have a good knowledge and experience of a subject and feel that you can add value to people, then do this e-book.
Make sure you gather information that has helped you in the best possible way and combine it with your experience. Never copy someone else's process. Show off the methods that worked for you and back them up with your results.
Tip 3: Never Make a Mediocre Product - With nearly 9 years of experience selling e-books and supporting multiple clients, I firmly believe in never selling a mediocre e-book or product. You will lose a customer for life if you do this. Always delivering too much - this is how you make loyal fans and not just customers.
Build a tribe and solve their problems. If you make a product that really solves the problems people face, you never have to worry about profits, the money will follow by itself.
Selling eBooks has always been a good source of income for me. My first e-book on affiliate marketing for bloggers was a huge hit and received strong reviews from readers. I have written several other e-books including one on cryptocurrency targeting my local market in Cameroon. My three tips are:
1 - Find a problem to solve: This is crucial. If your eBook doesn't solve a problem, it won't be sold. Nobody buys just because of that. You must have something hidden in your book that readers are actively looking for. Don't write to fill the pages. Focus on solving a problem. When solving a seasonal problem (e.g.a problem people face at Easter) your sales are seasonal. Publish an eBook that solves year-round problems.
2 - Promote your book to the target audience : If your e-book solves a problem, find the audience with the problem. Anil's eBook solves a serious SEO problem, namely keyword research. Now he's not looking for pilots or doctors to promote the book. He takes care of digital content marketers.
These are the people who need to solve the SEO keyword problem. In my book, bloggers learn how to make money blogging. The audience is made up of bloggers who want to monetize their blogging activities. It would be crazy to advertise it to e-shop owners and dropshippers.
When my eBook on cryptocurrency was published in Cameroon, it was well received by the local market. I had an interesting offer from a local dealer who organizes offline seminars and conferences. It was easy to offer my eBook as a bonus to its premium members who paid something close to $ 50 to attend one of its events. And for each paying member, I had a percentage.
My point is it doesn't have to end online. As an eBook, offline events can still help increase your sales
3 - Write more eBooks : When you've published your first e-book, write more. That is the secret. If you are known for publishing useful ebooks, you will always get sales from multiple sources. The more e-books you write, the more income you earn.
My friend, long term business partner and Affiliate Marketing guru, Devesh Sharma from DesignBombs after reading my ebook for bloggers to generate income got to me and said Enstine don't stop at this. Write more . I'm sticking to his advice and that's paying me big time.
FAQs On Selling eBooks Online
Here are some of the frequently asked questions around selling eBooks online.
How can I sell eBooks online?
So how to sell e-books online? Which platform you can use to sell pdf books. There are plenty of platforms including;
- Amazon self-publishing platform
Most of these platforms charge you either a transaction fee on every sale you generate or a monthly subscription fee. They take care of everything else including hosting, payment gateway, delivering your eBook downloads to your customers etc.
How much should an eBook cost?
It depends on the topic. If you're in a high-value market such as real estate, SEO, fitness etc, you can easily sell $ 20 to $ 50 worth eBooks. In other niches, the most commonly purchased eBooks typically range from $ 2.99 to $ 3.99, $ 5.99 etc.
Ultimately it depends on HOW much value you're going to provide with your eBooks. So you're the best person to judge.
How long should an ebook be to sell?
There's no thumb rule on how long your eBook should be. But if you're selling non-fiction eBooks such as business, motivational, informative related stuff, you can aim at publishing 8000 to 10,000 word long eBooks.
Final thoughts on selling eBooks in 2020
Selling your eBooks is not easy. The success of your eBook sales mostly depends on your promotion strategies. It's always a better idea to validate your eBook before you even start working on it.
Also, make sure to use the RIGHT websites to sell your eBooks. Know your target audience and provide them with convenient payment options to buy your eBooks.
So what are your thoughts on selling eBooks? Do you have questions? Let us know in the comments.
- Can meditation really help reduce stress?
- What does an idli look like
- Can you explain the science in Interstellar?
- Who founded Enlte
- What is your most used stim
- Can someone go to jail for jaywalking?
- What are the uses of HSP90 screening
- How does deforestation cause soil erosion 2
- Generates energy matter
- Can you explain methods in Java
- Is there another reliable discount broker?
- What is 10 4x30 6
- What are the best help desk experiences
- How do driverless cars affect transportation?
- How can photosynthesis provide renewable energy sources
- Alberta winters are cold
- Why does the earth have gravity 2
- Mehtas also come to Punjabi
- How do divers die
- Are there already algorithms for parsing resumes?
- How does ISRO hire software engineers
- Can Joomla be installed on Windows hosting
- Which frameworks do you use in NLP
- How do I repair an IntelliVision controller
- What is an S P ratio
- What is the dress code at NIH
- Should Canada buy a Caribbean island
- Hydra Cluster isn't the largest galaxy
- What is rain gun irrigation
- Why is the Quran so important
- Does CrossFit Really Help You Lose Weight
- What's the best ebooks app
- Has Jet Li ever met Bruce Lee?
- What makes the truth come true