What are new PPF standards
What is "PPF"?
Explanation of terms "PPF"
Explanation of PPF (production process and product approval):
Like PPAP, submission level for sample parts
The standard set of rules and regulations on which PPF is based: VDA 2
Explanations of the PPAP - production approval procedure
An optimized interface between supplier and customer is crucial in order to clearly represent the expectations of the customer and to enable a successful implementation by the supplier. The PPAP process is of great importance here. PPAP serves as a production process and production approval procedure and contains the basic requirements for the sampling of all production and spare parts for the automotive industry according to IATF 16949. PPAP is, however, also increasingly used by industrial companies in other sectors. The standard set of norms and regulations on which PPAP is based. is the IATF 16949.
Free template: With our Free instructions for creating a process description you can describe standardized company processes in a targeted manner and present them in visualization models in order to show your employees the work processes in an understandable way.
Training: Visit our Training in PPAP and PPF and find out what is important for efficient sampling at the customer and how you can successfully implement the PPA process. In advance of the training, you will receive a suitable e-learning course on the topic free of charge.
PPAP modules - requirements, submission level and approval levels
In order to be able to determine whether the individual parts produced meet the customer's expectations, the PPAP procedure requires the supplier to provide various parts or documents.
- The list of all parts or documents of the PPAP process:
- Design records
- Engineering change documents
- Technical approval / engineering approval
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Process flow diagrams
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Production control plan
- Analysis of measurement systems / Measurement System Analysis
- Measurement results / Dimensional Results
- Material and performance tests / Records of Material / Performance Test Results
- Investigations into the short-term capability of the processes / initial process studies
- Documentation of a qualified laboratory / Qualified Laboratory Documentation
- Appearance Approval Report
- Sample - Serial Parts / Sample Production Parts
- Reference sample / master sample
- Specific testing equipment / Checking Aids
- Customer Specific Requirements
- Part submission confirmation / Part Submission Warrant
The individual submission levels determine which parts or documents must be submitted to the customer and which can remain in the factory. Level 3 is generally used if there are no other specifications from the customer.
Evaluation of the parts / materials by the customer based on the previously defined expectations
A distinction is made between three release levels:
• All parts / materials meet customer requirements; there is authorization according to the customer's disposition to deliver production quantities
• Approval for the delivery of products limited to a specified period or number of items
• Determine the causes of errors
• Submit an action plan to the customer
• Carry out new sampling according to PPAP
• The product does not meet customer requirements
• Correct the product
• Carry out new sampling according to PPAP
• No delivery of production quantities
<< Back to the quality management lexicon
Your quality management training
Your training information for direct download
Would you like to train in the field of management systems?
We have numerous training courses in our training program - for example in the areas of quality management, automotive, energy, the environment and many more! Check out our PDF catalog and choose the specialist area that suits you!
With many training courses you already have the choice between: Classroom training, e-learning or hybrid training!
Free PDF catalog
- What do you call this organic compound
- How can you treat hyperkalemia and tachycardia
- How am I admired
- Did Tadeusz Kosciuszko speak Lithuanian
- Should I choose an online portfolio?
- Is Microsoft Teams HIPAA compliant
- What are the advantages of online communication
- Are there American martial arts
- Which is my question
- Girls like to have big breasts
- What is the hearing range of people
- Can allergies cause crusty eyes in corners
- What keeps electrons attracted to the nucleus
- How do you save packaging costs
- What is 40 2x12 9 3
- How is pollination done in aquatic plants
- Is incarceration a moral problem?
- What's the weirdest part of marketing
- What are the benefits of learning Farsi
- Is the Java language still in demand?
- How does Sheerness live
- How can I select capacitors in a circuit
- How can I meet Michelle Dilhara
- Can you return Walmart medication