What are the disadvantages of sunbathing
UV radiation: advantages and disadvantages for young skinReading time: 2 minutes
What are the benefits of solar radiation on the human body?
The rays of the sun, provided you and your children do not expose yourself and your children to the sun for too long, have some positive properties:
- the production of vitamin D takes place in the skin,
- the metabolism and the circulation are stimulated,
- Sunbathing not only strengthens the nerves, but also ensures a general increase in performance.
What skin type is your child?
However, the positive properties of the sun's rays only apply if the time spent in the sun is not exceeded, depending on the skin type. The skin type is divided into four categories according to the brightness and pigmentation of the skin.
- Skin type 1 shows the first bleeding on the skin after just 10 minutes of exposure to the sun
- Skin type 2: the first reddening of the skin appears after 20 minutes
- Skin type 3: this can expose itself to the sun for 30 minutes without damage
- Skin type 4: this skin type can expose itself to the sun for 45-60 minutes without protection, this mainly affects people with a dark skin color
How do you protect yourself and your children from UV radiation?
- Wear light, airy, and long clothing when you are outdoors.
- Don't forget to protect your and your child's head with a suitable sun hat.
- Apply a suitable sunscreen with the appropriate sun protection factor to the skin of you and your child.
The sun protection factor
The sun protection factor indicates how long you and your child can expose yourself to the sun. For example, a sun protection factor of four would mean four times more protection from the sun's rays. This means that you and your child can sunbathe four times longer, depending on their skin type. For skin type 2, this means 80 minutes of sunbathing without fear of damage.
Sunscreens against UV radiation
On the one hand, sunscreens offer protection from the effects of UV rays, but on the other hand it is possible that their ingredients can lead to eczema.
So if you suffer from allergies, you should pay particular attention to skin tolerance when choosing a sunscreen. In very sensitive people, the protective acid mantle of the skin is impaired by various ingredients. This usually happens with strongly alkaline sunscreens. It is best to buy a smaller pack first and try out the tolerance.
One more word about the popular solariums.
A solarium works mainly with UV-A radiation: This means that normally no sunburn can occur. However, only if you follow your skin type and the duration of the irradiation exactly.
The UV-A radiation in a solarium is much higher than normal and natural solar radiation. Not only does the risk of sunburn increase with a longer stay, but the sebum glands in the skin constrict.
As a result, your skin becomes very dry. Another disadvantage of solariums results from the unnatural UV-A radiation. The immune system can be weakened with a longer and more frequent stay.
As with everything, the motto is: be moderate. You and your children do not overdo sunbathing and sunbathing and your skin will thank you for it.
Also read the following article on this topic: UV radiation and its effects on young skin.
Photo credit: Carola Vahldiek / stock.adobe.com
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please let us know how you like our post. To do this, click on the asterisks shown below (5 asterisks = very good):
PPS: Did you particularly like the article?
Support our advisor portal:
- Why do high schools give us homework
- How reliable is Airbnb in China
- Can Gokshura be taken with finasteride
- What do dogs think are people
- How are chalacias treated
- Can Christians be possessed by demons?
- How does artificial intelligence develop
- It's hard to make good friends
- What are the differences in emphasis
- How does an engineering student balance his studies?
- Manu was the first man on earth
- How feasible is my venture idea
- Did King James write the Bible?
- What are the characteristics of the 60s
- Why is there a stigma about chiropractors
- How do private companies recruit chemical engineers
- What are good examples of product websites
- What objects are obtuse angles
- Why is Rajasthan India so lagging behind
- Dreams like a change of reality
- Can I make money without paying any money
- How do I overcome rethinking during my studies
- How is energy saved? Is energy generated
- What are great ideas for a honeymoon