How do I turn on the Kindle
Switching off the Kindle: All variants and tricks if it doesn't work
The Kindle is Amazon's e-book reader, and as beautiful and practical as it is, there are of course malfunctions and error messages during operation. The device has several modes of operation and to turn it off, you normally hold down the on / off button for seven seconds. However, it is possible that the Kindle cannot be switched off, in which case it is best to take the measures described here.
Turn off Kindle: These options are available
- If the Kindle is inactive for some time, it automatically switches to sleep mode and a static screen saver appears that does not consume any power. To start up again, briefly press the power button or the on / off switch. This is located on the lower side of the device, where the USB port is also located. Briefly pressing this switch during operation puts the Kindle into sleep mode.
- If you want to turn off the Kindle completely, hold down the power button for seven seconds until the screen goes blank. The device is then completely switched off and no longer uses any electricity.
Try Kindle Paperwhite for 30 days with a money-back guarantee!
Turn off Kindle even if the device is not responding
It can happen that the screen of the device is frozen and the Kindle no longer responds to you. This can have different causes and depending on their severity, there are different solution options:
- Often it is enough to carry out a simple reset. To restart the Kindle, hold the power button down for 20 to 30 seconds. After you let go, you should be shown a Kindle reboot screen. Allow enough time for the device to start up and not operate any buttons for a few minutes. It can happen that the Kindle crashes when restarting, then the screen does not change. In this case you should connect the Kindle to the circuit, let it charge for about 30-40 minutes and then repeat the procedure.
- With the Kindle of the first and second generation, you have the option of hard resetting the battery. Since you have to open the rear cover to do this, however, you will lose the guarantee. If you carefully peel off the cover (e.g. with a nail file), you will see a large white rectangle, this is the battery and below this there is a small hole. There you insert a wire, such as a straightened paper clip, as far as it will go and apply light pressure for five to ten seconds. Then you carry out the procedure for the reset again. If it doesn't work, you can try performing the hard reset again, briefly removing the battery completely before pressing the reset button.
In summary: Actually, the reset should be enough to fix the problem. If that doesn't work, it's probably because the battery has less than 40% capacity. Then briefly charge the device and try again. If this doesn't help, it may be a hardware problem that only the Amazon service can solve - so before you remove the cover and the battery, you should first check and exploit any warranty claims.
Quiz: How well do you know about the iPhone world?
You don't want to miss any news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us on Facebook (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games) or Twitter (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games).
- Is autism and ASD the same thing
- Who is the coolest Indian living
- Is there outlet shopping in Duesseldorf
- Can I manage my website without WordPress?
- Can you desalinate seawater
- Are there Soulja Boys fans
- How has the language evolved over time
- Who called this planet Earth
- What is the secret of the Giza pyramid
- Can an iPhone really last a lifetime?
- Has Arwen given up immortality
- Why did Indians wear fringed leather?
- Can Joomla be installed on Windows hosting
- What makes a successful product
- Where should I open a Roth IRA
- Will you forgive people for being late?
- What makes a good maker space
- How could Asana be improved
- What are Top CashBack in China
- What is Delhi famous for
- What is a hotel guest engagement system
- Where can I buy subreddit
- What is Minecraft Player Demographics
- What is the fastest browser in India