What is impulse energy
When a new electric fence is to be purchased, the question arises as to the necessary strength of the device. The device manufacturers are confusing with all sorts of technical data, which are explained below.
Is the voltage that is measured at the output of the device (without the fence connection). This value has little informative value.
Load voltage at 500 ohms
Is the voltage measured at the output of the device under normal stress, e.g. contact with an animal or heavy vegetation. Today, a minimum voltage of over 2000 volts is required at every point on the fence. For animals with thick fur (e.g. sheep or horses with thick winter fur) a minimum voltage of up to 4000 volts is required so that the electric shock can penetrate the hair layer.
Is the performance of the plant. This size can be used to compare the performance of devices with one another. However, this value does not contain any information about the effectiveness of the fence!
Calculation for the necessary charging energy of a device depending on the device type, animal species, fence length and the fence material used:
|Type of plant||Animal species||Fence length||Fence material||Rows||= Charging energy|
|Power supply unit 1||Horses 0.9||500 m = 0.5||Straight wire 2.5 mm 1.0||1 conductor 1.25|
|Battery device 0.2||Cows 1.0||1000 m = 1.0||Straight wire 1.6 mm 1.5||2 conductors 1.0|
|Sheep 1.5||Insert the actual length of the fence in km||Plastic strand 3.0||3 conductors|
and more 2.0
|Turbo strand 1.5|
|Broadband strand 3.0|
|Turbo broadband 1.5|
|1||x 0.9||x 2||x 3||x 2||= 10.8 joules|
Is the maximum energy (in joules) of an impulse that a device emits on the fence. The higher this pulse energy, the easier it is to destroy vegetation and the safer the fence is. Basically, it is not the charging energy of the device that makes the "impact" of the electric fence, but its discharge or impulse energy. This is given in joules (J). We recommend (according to DLG) devices that achieve a pulse energy between one and a maximum of five f joules.
maximum fence length
The maximum fence length always indicates the simple length of a complete fence and not the total length of the individual electrical strips. If you divide the specified fence length by the number of electrical strips to be fed and take half of it (as a discount for vegetation), you arrive at realistic fence lengths for which a device is designed!
Values that should be adhered to for safety reasons according to VDI regulation 0131 / 4.1984 or DIN 51 131:
- Voltage: 2,000 to 5,000 volts (maximum 10,000 volts)
- Current strength: 100 to 300 mA (maximum up to 1 000 mA)
- Impulse: 0.02 to 0.1 sec
- Pause: 0.75 to 1.25 sec
- Impulse energy: at least 0.5 joules to a maximum of 5 joules
- You can do anything you can imagine
- What is a CIO
- What is the number one sales enablement tool
- What does cardio training mean 1
- Will you be okay soon
- Can foods with rennet be vegetarian
- What is a movie worth watching
- What is a halvah ceremony
- Who is better than Neymar or Mbappe
- How did science lead you to Islam
- What are some IoT platforms besides ThingSpeak
- How can I make meth more pure
- When is the next Quora Los Angeles meeting
- What shocked your misunderstanding about poor people
- Why do philosophers hate psychologists
- What are the best practices for teleworking
- What are some plumbing hacks
- What is your favorite eLearning tool
- Can palliative treatment cure stage 4 cancer
- How many shotgun ads are there
- Why is socializing a failed concept
- What is the liberal order
- Why is Lord Krishna called Gopal
- Where can you buy an anemometer online