Helps drinking water lose weight
This is how water helps you lose weight
Water is very important for your performance and your success in training. You can eat as disciplined as you want: If you are dehydrated, your training is for the cat.
Regardless of whether you want to gain weight, lose weight or tone: water is the cheapest, easiest and most effective way to optimize your metabolism.
Why is water so important?
Your body is mostly made up of water. It makes up 60 to 70 percent of your body weight. Water regulates your body temperature and transports nutrients to where they are needed. You need it to think, digest, breathe and do a lot more.
Can I lose weight with water?
Yes you can! Because drinking water triggers several effects that help you lose weight:
- You will consume fewer calories by drinking water before you eat. Because water doesn't affect insulin levels, it can't fill you up. But it fills your stomach so that less of it fits in when you eat. According to studies, drinking a large glass of water before meals reduces the average calorie intake by 13%.
- You save liquid calories by replacing juice and soft drinks with water. If you stop consuming calorie-containing drinks, it has a huge effect on your weight loss success. A glass of orange juice has 150 calories, no less than lemonade and cola. Or milk coffee: the daily latte macchiato (with low-fat milk) has an additional 200 kilocalories. Calculated over the year, this corresponds to 10 kilograms of body fat!Avoiding calorie-containing drinks should be a basic rule for anyone who wants to lose weight!
- You will be less hungry if you simply drink water instead of cola and juices. Juices, soft drinks & Co. have a second catch: they contain sugar and therefore drive your blood sugar level up. Because after consuming sugar - whether in solid or liquid form - your body releases insulin, which promotes fat build-up and blocks fat breakdown. The nasty thing about it: sugary drinks stimulate insulin levels even faster than carbohydrates in solid meals, and they also cause higher insulin peaks. In other words, sugar water prevents your body from breaking down fat. If you drink water regularly instead, your insulin level will remain and your body fat will melt faster.
- Your body burns more calories from drinking. Some studies suggest this effect. The metabolic rate increases by 24-30% 30-60 minutes after drinking cold water. Why this is so has not yet been researched. This effect is only short-term and is not enough for effective fat loss alone - but at least it is. By drinking cold water regularly, you could achieve an additional weight loss of 1.2 to 2.5 kilograms per year.
How much should i drink a day?
Your body loses around 2.5 liters per day through metabolic processes. So this is the minimum that you have to "refuel" every day. But it is not enough for optimal fat loss. Because to compensate for a deficiency does not mean to be optimally taken care of. After all, you don't always drive your car with an almost empty tank.
For an optimal water supply when losing weight, I recommend drinking 3 to 4 liters of water per day.
On training days or in midsummer you should of course drink more to compensate for the fluid loss. Weigh yourself before and after your workout to get a sense of how much you're sweating. And of course you should also adjust your water consumption to your height and weight.
Can i drink too much water?
Health organizations do not give recommendations for the maximum amount you drink because "water poisoning" is simply extremely unlikely. You should be drinking 6 liters or more in a short amount of time.
3 to 4 liters per day, correspondingly more on training days, is the perfect amount. Every further liter brings you no more advantages.
Drinking enough water every day is one of the easiest and most effective ways to lose weight. We also recommend drinking at least 3 liters per day in the GYMONDO nutrition programs.
Of course, there is more to effective and permanent weight loss than just healthy water consumption. You can find more tips on losing weight in Chrissy's video “5 Reasons Why You Don't Lose Weight”!
Carolin is a group fitness expert and yoga teacher. Her texts revolve around topics and questions that she comes across as a trainer again and again.
Follow her on Instagram
- What are your favorite Enya songs
- How high should my saddle be
- How can I start a top-up portal
- What are the digital marketing concepts
- How does China see Mongolia?
- What are the basics of dance
- What is a hotel guest engagement system
- Can water vapor behave like an ideal gas
- Mother and father are capitalized
- How do I kill myself
- Should aspiring entrepreneurs go to college
- Can I double my blood pressure medication
- What is the structure of the rod ground
- How is urea produced in humans
- Who taught McCartney how to play bass
- What's your favorite cheesecake crust
- What is the best audiophile transport
- Shredded paper is a good fertilizer
- Is 5G a LiFi
- Who is better at BTS or Michael Jackson
- How is energy saved? Is energy generated
- Service Host UtcSvc is a virus
- Japan's internet is being censored
- Which picture describes your current situation?
- What is the need for a starter
- Why is Zoho popular
- Was Feynman an atheist
- Have the Inuit ever lived in Asia?
- How was the life of Thomas Aquinass
- Where can you buy Hanes t-shirts
- Why is the growth of pinterests slowing down in 2014
- Who will take over for Theresa May
- At what frame rate are films shot?
- How Roma are related to India