Why was Galileo killed
Galileo Galilei was a researcher from Italy. As an astronomer, he made important discoveries: for example, he was the first to describe the moons of the planet Jupiter. Galileo got into trouble with the Catholic Church and had to announce that he no longer believed in some of his findings.
He was born in Pisa in 1564. He was supposed to become a doctor and studied medicine, but he was much more interested in mathematics and physics. He also built scientific instruments, including telescopes. Telescopes existed before. So he wasn't the inventor, but he made the telescopes better.
However, Galileo was the first to publish what he saw in the night sky with telescopes. So he discovered that the moon was not a perfectly smooth sphere, but had hills. A planet like Jupiter had moons - the four that Galileo discovered are called Galilean moons. Such things were not known until then, and they contradicted what you thought you knew.
Thanks to these discoveries, more people were also convinced of what Copernicus had claimed: the sun was at the center of the universe, and not the earth. The Catholic Church thought that was wrong. Galileo gave in because he didn't want to be killed by the church.
He was not allowed to leave his home until the end of his life. At that time he was already 69 years old. He died in 1642 at the age of 77. It was only 350 years later that the Catholic Church admitted that its action against Galileo was wrong.
There are also other search results for "Galileo Galilei" from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- Is Bengali a gender neutral language
- Is it easy to stroke animals?
- How is this algorithm solved
- Which Mavel film is the best
- What did teachers do that frustrated you
- Should games cost more
- How do I take the CLAT
- What insect can sing like a bird
- How do you hug your friend
- Can a judge be suspended for incompetence?
- What are tooth-split belts made of
- The observer must be conscious
- Why do people in Berlin wear black
- Can I help my angels fight evil?
- Why is Isis abusing women
- What controls human motives
- Which is better Kotlin Python or Java
- What do you like about Richard Dawkins
- Increase Your Husband's Confidence
- How do you snort cocaine
- What is easiest to wash
- How current should your profile picture be
- How does it work on Twitter
- Is something really important in this life