Is sea water suitable for drinking
Not all water can be drunk
The blood in our body is a saline solution (0.9%). If different salt solutions that are only separated from each other by a thin separating layer (which only lets water through, but no salts - in our body these are the cell membranes), they automatically try to achieve the same salt content by mutual exchange of water. If you now drink a concentrated salt solution (sea water), our blood releases water to adjust the salt content of the sea water. This water excretion makes you die of thirst even faster.
So after you can't drink salt water,
All that remains is the earth's much smaller fresh water supplies for human consumption. But rivers and lakes are often polluted by industrial wastewater. Inadequate wastewater disposal pollutes surface and groundwater. Especially the countries of the 3rd world, which mostly suffer from water scarcity anyway, are affected by this problem. But even in the western industrialized countries, the groundwater is threatened by the use of pesticides (pest control), herbicides (weed killers) and fertilizers in agriculture. Impure water causes disease and epidemics and kills thousands of people every year. Heavy metals and toxins in drinking water make people sick, some even die.
The people of Austria ...
and especially we in Northern Burgenland can be sure that the quality of our drinking water from the aqueduct is constantly checked. The limit values specified in the very strict drinking water ordinance are never exceeded. The water is taken from groundwater reservoirs from a depth of up to 100 meters and is therefore of excellent quality and taste. Anyone who has ever drank chlorinated water in a holiday destination knows that water from our homeland is certainly particularly valued.
- Is N2 gas flammable
- Will influencer marketing replace advertising
- Dodd Frank is repealed
- What are some Indian good luck charms
- How can someone work for PepsiCo
- How to make beef stew
- Can we send files without data
- Is there an online coaching for SSC
- Did Wikipedia really make Astroturf's dream come true?
- Air pollution damages the kidneys
- Can I afford to move out?
- What foods contain zinc
- How do you play Call of Duty
- What is the Netflix code NW 3 6
- Gabapentin is a powerful medicine
- Israel banished Arabs from Israel
- Ultra-rich people emigrate to Italy
- How do I choose a good toothpaste
- Who are some interesting celebrity siblings
- What's the best movie soundtrack
- Has anyone ever killed anyone wearing helmets
- Why Naruto Shippuden ended
- How to Get Amazon Reviews
- Why are parsers important in Haskell