What is the kernel source for Android
Why you cannot download the drivers of the Android operating system as you can on our PCs
I know I sound a bit like a noob, but I had this question from the day I started tweaking my phone. I know that without kernel sources it is very difficult to get drivers for the phone to get custom ROM support, but my question is why can't I just download the drivers from the manufacturer's website while using them for my pc download? I can install whatever version of Android I want and when the driver is available for that version of Android I can just install it as the application it would do in my PC. What exactly the kernel sources contain.
Unfortunately, if it were an application like the one on the PC, it would have billions of pirated copies out there and you'd have to go through the hassle of searching through all of them to find the official one. When there is an update for your phone, it will appear as a notification letting you know that it is available.
Android doesn't work like this, many if not most of the "drivers" are proprietary closed source binaries and shared libraries, and some firmware files in kernel sources. You cannot flip drivers on Android devices like you can in Windows, because these "drivers" are tightly integrated into the Android system and are tied to numerous services and many standard libraries. Your customization options without ROM hopping or updating the API layer (if that firmware is in place) include rooting your devices, saving your inventory recovery, disassembling the image and starting building your device tree, getting the Android source code build System and the presence of a ball! Shouldn't be considered. It is what it is.
BUT maintaining the kernel source and "correcting" deficiencies has many more options. Check out the forums on xda [the good ones anyway] and you'll see what goes into the process.
- What makes Holochain unique among blockchain technologies
- Is Elon Musk really low on cash
- Will see Amazon online applications for interns
- Is the shell of this cheese edible?
- Why are fractions not referred to as percentages
- How often do you lie personally
- Are Patanjali products safe
- Who shouldn't you fall in love with?
- Has the universe ever made a mistake before
- What computer games do you have
- How does LED lighting affect animals?
- R L Stine still writes books
- Is Christmas all about Jesus?
- Let's live another life after death
- Why can't compilers optimize code perfectly?
- What are jobs like engineering
- Which scale sounds jazziest
- What is slacklining
- Can we practice Unix commands in mobile devices
- Is Digitalize India real or fake
- Can a parent be accidentally verbally abused?
- What is 3 12
- Did any prayer heal an amputee?
- What are the top five Mexican films
- How can greed be good
- How hard was JEE for you
- How can I wear Vans high tops?
- How do I find Strava hidden challenges
- What is the least reliable sports car
- When did modern literacy spread?
- Why does food have to cost money?
- What should I think of my friends
- How are rubber band balls made