Who is Daniil Medvedev
Daniil Medvedev, who found his love for tennis at the age of six, initially only played on the Future and Challenger Tour until he made his debut at the ATP 250 tournament in Nice in 2016. Here he was inferior to Guido Pella in the first lap. His first victory at ATP level followed in S’Hertogenbusch just a week later. Here, too, he survived the qualification and reached the second round after defeating Horaccia Zeballos. Then he fought his way through the qualification in Hamburg and a few weeks later in St. Petersburg and each reached the second round.
The big breakthrough came in 2018. With victories over Phillip Kohlschreiber, Paolo Lorenzi, Fabio Fognini and Alex de Minaur in the final, he started the year with his first ATP title. After the first half of the year was rather moderate, the Russian picked himself up again in August. As the winner in Winston-Salem, he moved into the third round of the US Open for the first time a short time later. In October he won his next tournament in Tokyo.
In the same year, at the age of 22, Medvedev married his girlfriend Daria.
Entry into the top 10
Medvedev, also known as "Bear", continued his successful season in 2019. He reached the finals in Brisbane, Barcelona, Washington and Montreal. The tournament victories in Sofia and Cincinnati (ATP Masters 1000) completed his successes. In July he moved into the top 10 for the first time. What was a long time coming was the first Grand Slam breakthrough. He finally succeeded in the US Open 2019. After victories over Feliciano Lopez, the German Dominik Köpfer, Stan Wawrinka and Grigor Dimitrov, Medvedev was in the final of a Grand Slam tournament for the first time. Here he caught up a 2-0 set deficit, but was ultimately defeated by Rafael Nadal in five hard-fought sets.
The young Russian often attracts attention for his unorthodox style of play and behavior on the pitch. He fought several times with the referees and, as most recently at the US Open, with the audience.
- What will India's role be in ww3
- What are the goals of the FCI
- Why is it forbidden teachers to punish students?
- Can I grow rosemary from cuttings
- Are there manipulations of research in the tobacco industry
- Federer is a great player or Nadal
- Why shouldn't we talk to strangers?
- Why bring dogs
- Should I switch to KMC Manipal
- How quickly can supercomputers solve NP problems
- How do hackers intercept messages?
- Currently support startups in Africa
- How do microwaves contain microwave radiation
- What is religion beyond dogma
- What are some of the most dense materials
- What is social group work
- What purpose do tests serve
- What is ISO 22000 2018
- What is the shadiest crypto currency
- How does BitPay make money
- A recovery CD comes with an HP laptop
- What are the best waterproof mascaras
- What to add to bottled sangria
- How do I get a deposit release