How is composting different from throwing away?
Green waste (garden, kitchen)
The recycling process of green waste involves the breakdown or conversion of organic matter by microorganisms.
A basic distinction is made between composting and fermentation, the former with and the latter without oxygen. By processing green waste, the valuable, organic material is retained in the soil and is not destroyed by incineration.
To be collected:
- Garden debris
- Kitchen waste and leftovers *
* Collection fraction may vary depending on the possibilities of acceptance of the recycling facility. Therefore, kitchen waste and leftovers, for example, are not allowed in every green waste collection. Please inform yourself in advance about this at your local collection point or municipality.
more detailed description (130KB) regarding suitable waste
(non-binding recommendation from the federal offices)
- Use the disposal calendar / recycling calendar to find out which fraction is collected separately in your community.
- A chopping service is sometimes offered for large branches, trunks and roots, see the recycling calendar or contact your municipality.
- Check the possibility of a house compost.
This group does not include:
- Foreign matter such as stones, string, cans, plastic, paper and cardboard
- Soil in large quantities (⇒ disposal via horticultural company)
Do you want to avoid incorrect throws in the green waste collection? Then order information and communication material for the campaign "Green waste - but without plastic!"
Where is collected
Depending on the collection system, it is possible to dispose of the green waste at the community collection point or it is picked up in front of the front door. Some of the collection points have seasonal opening times.
Benefits of recycling
The goal of composting is to return organic material to nature's cycle of materials. At the same time, humus improves the soil and increases the retention capacity of water. Depending on the nutrient content, mature compost is a full-fledged fertilizer and can save the use of chemical fertilizers.
The fermentation of biomass produces biogas that can be used as fuel or to produce heat or electricity.
Green waste and bioplastics
Which bioplastics can be recycled with the green waste and which are disruptive substances in the recycling process? Read more about bioplastics.
At www.evaluation-bioplastics.ch you will also find information about the BAW round table (biodegradable materials).
You can find more information about plastics in the topic dossier "Plastics in the Environment".
- How can I become thoughtless
- What is the best cable drill
- What do you think of Brangelina Split
- How do I cry when you can't
- Which distilleries can I visit in Colombia
- How can you treat insomnia during pregnancy
- Computer science engineering is interesting
- Hires drdo metallurgy and materials engineers
- Can mean the Tamil word
- What is freefall acceleration
- Why is beekeeping so difficult
- What is impulse energy
- How can Foursquares explore the system
- Is beauty goal
- Halo is more than Star Trek
- What is the best coaching for NID
- What is Android 5
- What is introverted feeling Fi
- What Ubuntu software will run on FreeBSD
- Can you see the energy of the people
- Who can be called a fan boy
- Is spintronics necessary for quantum computing?
- Why is the appearance of cosmetic products important
- Who raised Hercules?
- Why is CS1 6 better than CsGo
- Missiles will replace standard artillery
- How do you simplify 3x 2
- What did the American patriots want
- Why are smart meters being installed around the world
- Who is Spinoza's god
- What is upbeat percussion music
- Where are video games invented
- Has George W. Bush publicly supported torture