LAX is a hub for every airline
Who flies the DHL parcels in Europe?
Seville, New York or Moscow - every day, millions of parcels start their journey anywhere in the world, only to be transported all around the globe to their recipient. Every shipment is unique and can never be accurately predicted. To ensure that every parcel reaches its destination as quickly as possible, DHL has set up a sophisticated network around the globe that converges on the European continent at Leipzig / Halle Airport. Every package that has started its journey somewhere in Europe and is destined for another country will find it difficult to escape the Saxon hub. So that this logistical masterpiece can be successfully mastered day in and day out, the company relies on a large number of partner airlines who put their fleets in the service of the yellow logistics giant. Currently, up to 20 airlines are regularly in use for DHL at the European hub in Leipzig alone. This article is dedicated to the main actors.
From tourist bomber to cargo shooting star
Short-haul freight machines usually only fly a few routes per day. The time window in which express freight is transported usually only extends from the late evening to the early morning hours. If the airline does not aim to have the aircraft in the air as many hours a day as possible, as is the case with classic passenger planes, for example, increased fuel costs are less significant. Buying new, fuel-efficient aircraft is therefore not so financially viable. As a result, many retired passenger aircraft have been breathed new life into DHL. The entire fleet of Airbus A300s and Boeing 757s consists of converted machines that used to transport passengers. A complex conversion, consisting of the installation of a large cargo hold loading door and the conversion of the cabin, turns a previous vacation plane into a fully functional freighter.
In addition to its own Airbus A300 and Boeing 757, DHL also makes extensive use of the capacities of external partners. Regardless of whether ASL, Cygnus or West Atlantic - DHL Air's continental European network is extremely diverse and colorful, as the following picture gallery shows.
- Why do people keep abusing power?
- How do you know that she is the one
- What question arises in the CAD interview
- How does renting a house work
- What do you think of this statement
- Can we export software licenses from Japan
- Is it worth dropping out of college
- Why do people act petty
- What is the Russian word for stress
- What should everyone know about Arlington Texas
- Should I thank my previous mentor
- How did Joe Biden get his fortune
- Is there a startup laptop manufacturer
- What is React Redux used for?
- What is a community forum
- Will the rust belt ever recover?
- What is impulse energy
- Have the Inuit ever lived in Asia?
- Heard lizards make good pets
- How often will your family visit us
- What is your honest opinion about Minecraft
- What is Faith Based Education
- Is veal kosher
- Consider US universities grade 12 results
- Toner removes acne marks
- What are the different types of accounting
- What's your rating of Wikiwand
- Can Shazam change his standard transformation costume?
- What is the TT segment in retail
- How do I create a website PDF
- Is the Enneagram valid?
- What does size mean to you
- What is an electron shell