Can you do 20 pull-ups?
How to double your pull-ups in 28 days (and save the world on the side)
Here's a simple pull-up method that will take you from padawan to pull-up Jedi in 28 days. Expenditure of time? Ridiculous. You only need 1 minute a day.
"If I want to do pull-ups effectively, I need a whip."- Dr. Henry Walten Jones, Jr.
For me, Indiana Jones is one of THE superheroes at all.
A whip-swinging Indiana Jones who can't do chin-ups Unimaginable!
This article makes you fit to save the world with one minute of time per day - with pull-ups.
Like Indy. Because even the good Indy would never have interrupted his archeology lecture if he hadn't been fit enough.
Then the Nazis would not only have received the Ark of the Covenant, but also the Holy Grail. And world domination.
No gripping action scenes with a whip-wielding Indiana Jones.
No resounding Indy fanfare.
At least now it is clear:
Pull-ups save lives.
Pull-ups give you freedom.
Pull-ups are your goddamned duty!
And above all ... they are the prelude to your next big adventure.
No pull ups are a start
Pull-ups are more than just functional. Pull-ups belong in the repertoire of an action heroine and stick with it.
Men should be able to do 10 clean pull-ups.
Chest to the bar. With 20 pieces, you are likely to overshadow 99% of your gym colleagues.
Women can be satisfied with less, but the “10 pieces” are definitely feasible for you too! The fact is:
EVERY woman is able to learn a pull-up with the right training.
And to continue working from there. From one pull-up to two, five, ten and - if you want - more repetitions.
Tip: If you haven't been able to do a pull-up yet, that's okay. Everyone starts once. Just read on here.
Pull-ups reveal yours real strength development
"Pull-ups are squats for the upper body."- Charles Poliquin
And they are more than that.
Like the squat, the chin-up is a full-body exercise.1
But a pull-up reveals a secret of your body that the squat cannot reveal:
It is the perfect measuring instrument for your RELATIVE STRENGTH.
Let me explain briefly.
As you get stronger, you build muscle. As you build muscle, you get heavier. The heavier you are, the more challenging the pull-up becomes.
If you can do more pull-ups despite building muscle, you will in terms of your body weight stronger.
Your relative strength INCREASES.
If you build muscles, but at the same time you can do fewer pull-ups, your relative strength decreases. This can be an indication that you have not only built up muscles, but also put on fat.
Enough of theory. Let's go to the tough business come.
Pull-ups for lazy people: 1 minute a day is enough
If you've been training for more than a year and your pull-up performance leaves something to be desired, now is the time to ACT.
No time is not an excuse: 30 minutes is enough.
Not in one piece, spread over 28 days.
Even Indiana Jones would have a minute if he did save the world again.
Preparation: the right equipment
Of course you can train the pull-ups wherever you want.
And for this training plan you can train daily.
With a pull-up bar for at home, you can make it particularly easy for yourself to stay tuned.
I use this sturdy pull-up bar that can be quickly attached to the door frame without screws (and removed if necessary).
Do pull-ups - phase 1: weeks 1-2
You should train pull-ups according to this scheme for the first two weeks:
- You practice 5 days a week, Monday to Friday.
- I want you to do a single set of pull-ups every day.
- You lead the sentence submaximal off, i.e. you hear 1-2 repetitions each before muscle failure on.
- When you do your training set is up to you. If you have planned a workout on the same day, however, you should do the set with a 2-3 hour delay.
Challenge yourself according to your Form of the day:
- If you can do 6 reps today, don't assume you can do 7 tomorrow.
- Try to do what you are able to do today. You will find that over the course of the week you can do more, sometimes less repetitions. It is completely normal. Your daily shape changes in waves.
You can do this pull-up training in addition to your usual workout. Even if you want to do pull-ups on the same day anyway.
Do pull-ups - phase 2: weeks 3-4
In the last two weeks you will take up a second set of training:
- Your pull-ups from week 1-2 will remain.
- About 6-8 hours after your first set of training, you do a second set of pull-ups.
- Example: 1st set of pull-ups before breakfast, 2nd set before dinner.
Training pull-ups - phase 3: 5 days break + test
On the 28th day you did 30 sets of pull-ups in addition. Now comes the fun part ...
- Take a 5-day pull-up break.
- Now you can reap your laurels: Test how many repetitions you can manage.
If you've stayed at it for 28 days, you should be able to do significantly more repetitions than before.
Do you want to do more pull-ups ...?
Have you tasted blood and want to move on?
So you stay tuned:
- For the next 2 weeks you continue with 2 training sets per day as in phase 2.
- Then you increase to 3 training sets (morning - noon - evening, 5 days a week, for 2 weeks)
- 5 days pull-up free
- Test again.
If you really want to know everything there is to know about pull-ups, you should take a look at this tutorial on how to learn pull-ups. Nice side effect: you develop a strong core.
60 seconds a day is enough. 28 days are over in a flash. The results will surprise you. And: training pull-ups saves lives!
If you can already do a few pull-ups, there is no reason not to go through with this workout routine - and leave a comment about your results with it.
If you haven't done a single one yet, this is a good place to start. Take a look at the tutorial on how to learn chin-ups.
So you are on course to your personal “happy ending”.
Like Indy here. In one of my favorite scenes from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Question: How many pull-ups can you do? And above all: are you ready for this adventure? Write a comment.
- You train these muscles when pulling up: brachioradialis (forearm), biceps brachii (“biceps”), brachialis (again “biceps”), teres major (back shoulder), trapezius, lower part (“trapezius muscle”), rhomboideus minor (“upper Back ”), rhomboideus major, latissimus dorsi (“ lat ”- V-cross), pectoralis major [↩]
Category: Muscle buildingTags: basic exercises, basic exercise, pull-ups, strength training, strength exercises, back, back muscles, training at home, training plan, exercises, exercises with body weight, exercises without equipment
- How Much of Academia is a Scam
- You may be denied your medical records
- Why is comparative politics important
- What is Guaranteed Income in ULIP
- Is it fun to interact with narcissists
- Is the reality a simulation within a simulation
- Which cake or lasagna was first invented
- How do I make money doing handicrafts
- Do I need Ethernet and the Internet
- How did your romantic partner seduce you
- How massive is London
- Which books influenced Mark Zuckerberg
- What is wood frame structure
- What does Dummy Thicc
- What is Gati’s business model
- What is the femoral artery pressure point
- What is a Program Management Analyst
- How can landing pages increase website traffic
- What is the difference between product and commodity
- Why is shopify better to use
- What is a court reporter
- Remember your past mistakes
- Should Phoenix Suns be trading with Devin Booker
- What makes a violinist exceptional?