Does rabies exist outside of North America
Traveling outside Europe: what to think about
A safari, climbing Mount Everest, the famous road trip on Route 66 or seeing Machu Picchu with your own eyes - other continents sound tempting, tell exciting stories and promise breathtaking adventures. But the discovery of Africa, America, Asia and Australia brings with it a few points that need to be considered. What about vaccinations? Do you prefer to take cash or a credit card? Does my hair dryer even fit into the socket? Can you get on with English anywhere? These and other questions are answered below.
Exostic travel destinations sometimes require special equipment - but what should be considered in this regard?
Different countries, different technology
Few of them can do without them on vacation: sockets. For cell phones, cameras, laptops for mobile work or simply your own hair dryer. There are nine different socket outlet standards in Europe alone. It's hard to imagine how the charging cable will fit on another continent. Suitable adapters will be available locally, as in most hotels. However, these are then quite costly. It's good that you can be informed in advance. You can find a detailed travel plug test atvergleich.org, so that in the end the decision should be easier.
Practical: the plug as we know it fits in many countries.
Here are some examples:
- Sri Lanka
- South Korea
The whole thing looks different down under. New Zealand and Australia use three-pin plugs. Travelers should therefore buy a suitable adapter before setting off so that they do not have to buy an expensive alternative on site.
In North America, i.e. the USA and Canada, rectangular plugs are common. These are also used in other countries:
- South America: Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Caribbean
- Asia: Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan
Japan also uses square plugs, but these have a different standard.
You can see that it is worth researching in advance so as not to end up without power later.
Informed in good time instead of sick on vacation: insects and vaccinations
Depending on where the wanderlust takes you, different entry regulations and recommendations apply. Vaccinations are usually at the top of this list. You should find out about this in good time - about half a year in advance, no later than six weeks before departure. But which vaccinations are recommended for which destination?
- Hepatitis A: If you want to relax in the Caribbean sun, somewhere in exciting Central America or in Egypt, you must be vaccinated against hepatitis A beforehand.
- Hepatitis B.: In principle, a hepatitis B vaccination is also recommended in Central America.
- Yellow fever: If you want to go on safari on vacation or experience the hospitality of Japan, you need a yellow fever vaccination for entry.
A visit to Haiti involves vaccinations against hepatitis A and hepatitis B, cholera, rabies and typhoid, otherwise access will be denied.
Recommendation of the health insurance companies: The health insurance companies recommend getting vaccinated against rabies, measles and typhoid before going beyond the borders of Europe.
In Northern Australia, the Aedes mosquito is also up to mischief. In addition to other, not harmless, night mosquitoes, the Aedes mosquito is diurnal. Therefore mosquito repellants, hats, long clothes and mosquito nets are very advisable and an absolute must for your own packing list.
African and South American mosquitoes also carry diseases. It is therefore essential to inform yourself in advance in order to take preventive measures.
Your own health insurance company and your family doctor are available for comprehensive advice.
Tip: cancel your trip free of charge if you do not start it due to corona or for other reasons.
Do you speak English? Communication options are important travel equipment
What is said of the French in Europe actually exists on other continents. English is not spoken or understood everywhere. Historically traced back to colonialism, the English language has not made it to the official language on every continent. In Africa, for example, French is more widely spoken. Various African languages are more exciting, if more difficult to learn. There are languages that consist exclusively of clicks and clicks, while others sound like related word usage. There are also some countries in Asia, especially rural areas, where no English is spoken.
Of course, you don't have to be able to speak the national language at native speaker level for a short trip or an adventure holiday. Travel guides, dictionaries and apps can help here.
- Dict CC also offers offline German-English translations and a German-English dictionary as an app. In English-speaking countries, the free app would be a suitable choice.
- Also Linguee is available as an app variant: can be used online and offline. Linguee offers many languages, including French and Spanish. That would have covered South and North America as well as Africa.
And the money?
Different countries, different currencies. Outside the EU, the euro is not at home. But where is the best place to change the money? Or do you do without cash and only take your credit card with you?
Cash or card?
Carrying the entire vacation fund in your suitcase is probably not a good idea. After all, you wouldn't go to the nearest supermarket with 1,000 euros in your pocket. The most suitable is a credit card that is free worldwide. Banks such as comdirect, the DKB, Barclays or N26 offer such cards. It is better not to use your current bank card at the machine - costs rise quickly and, depending on the language and writing, this is often not apparent.
Another currency - change at home or on vacation?
If you prefer to carry cash with you, the following rule of thumb applies: never change money at home, only abroad! The reason is very simple: If the euro is changed into another currency, it must first come to the changing bank in Germany. Therefore, the costs are higher than in the country which already has the currency in stock. Exchange offices at airports and train stations should be avoided - you get a lower rate here. Tip: It is better to go to exchange offices in the city center, then changing money is effortless and saves trouble.
Financial aspects should also be considered before going abroad.
Conclusion: With the right preparation for a dream vacation
So there are a few things that should be considered before they drive you far away. But once the checklist has been processed, a vacation full of diversity, culture and culinary experiences awaits. With a voice app, the appropriate adapter, credit card and vaccination card, nothing stands in the way!
- What's the best thing about biology 1
- What happens afterwards when someone is paralyzed
- What is a court reporter
- Where does loneliness come from
- How much revenue is Uber
- Why is nobody talking about Fukushima
- What excites you every morning
- How do you calculate the retail cost bill
- What three words will save a marriage?
- How can I do a jingle advertisement
- What are lace cap wigs
- Are the best days behind private equity
- How does childhood affect marriage?
- Ammonia is an organic molecule
- What is the psychology of evil people
- What is considered an active lifestyle
- Is an open set finite or infinite
- What is the County of Richardson TX
- What is an O 1 Visa
- Someone regrets receiving the CFA
- Why did you write Stephen Wrong
- How long have you been an alcoholic
- What are the best secrets to be had
- Why is our blood color red 1