How does an engineering student balance his studies?
Self-employed as a student
1. Self-employed as a student - the sweet life?
If you have to finance your studies yourself or want to earn some extra money, you may have thought about starting your own business. The advantages are - apparently - obvious: more income, more flexible working hours and vacation when you want. It is usually not that rosy, but there are good reasons to work independently as a student, for example:
At the same time you can start “small” while studying
You check yourself and your business idea
You take on exciting projects
You gain valuable experience
You make technical or entrepreneurial mistakes and learn from them
You build up important contacts and your own professional network
But there are also Things that can be seen as disadvantages (but also learn a lot from them). Students who work independently as translators, graphic designers, management consultants, office service providers or eBay dealers differ from their fellow students who are on the job in that they
have to fulfill certain formation formalities
Negotiate pay and conditions for their work themselves
Invoice for their services and get their fee paid out directly
are not entitled to protection against dismissal, paid vacation or continued payment of wages in the event of illness
In addition to income tax, you may also have to pay trade tax
have to keep proper bookkeeping
may have to take care of health insurance and pension provision yourself (depending on whether you are self-employed full-time or part-time)
Need insurance against operational risks (e.g. claims for damages)
(possibly) have to pay taxes to chambers and professional associations
What else can you expect as an entrepreneur ...
Very few young entrepreneurs have a good idea, and easy money falls from the sky. Most of the time, the opposite is the case: you have to work persistently and consistently on your project, and it doesn't necessarily attract big money.
You can also fail - that is part of being self-employed. But that doesn't have to be bad, as long as you always keep an eye on not piling up a mountain of personal debt. If you want to work successfully independently, you are your own boss and have to control yourself (and possibly others!), Find clients, conduct successful negotiations and fulfill accounting obligations. Experience has shown that ambition, a sense of responsibility, resilience and discipline do not harm.
Once the shop is up Sometimes your studies fall by the wayside: Many new self-employed people invest a lot of time and motivation in their own company and could definitely do more for the university. It is all the more important to plan properly and to organize yourself well. You may need to learn to delegate tasks and get more people on board. In the end, there is still the option of studying more slowly in order to get to the end anyway.
- How do we make out in the cinema
- Is Donald Trump's presidency strange
- Which one is Snapchat or Facebook more popular
- How do you put on a kimono
- Why is moral development important
- What is the cheapest Raspberry Pi setup
- How did Joe Biden get his fortune
- What makes LED shine
- Should renewable energy be a public good
- Performs Courier Express international courier services
- Who is Alfred Pennyworth DC
- This is how the ATM works
- May ocean gold have turned green
- Why should we fear Google because of data protection
- What are the main FinTech hubs
- Does Pune have an airport
- Which search engines use artificial intelligence
- Can two neutrons combine
- Why don't all materials behave like magnets?
- What are cool names for psychology blogs
- Is green tea really effective or not
- Edward Snowden was ethical
- What is the first rock and roll group
- Reading helps you improve memory