How good is Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon University, or CMU for short, is a private research university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was created in 1967 through the merger of the Carnegie Institute of Technology (founded in 1900 by Andrew Carnegie) and the Mellon Institute of Industrial Research (founded in 1917 by Richard Beatty Mellon).
Carnegie Mellon is a member of the Association of American Universities, an association of leading research-intensive North American universities that has existed since 1900. The university is divided into seven independent universities, of which the School of Computer Science (computer science), Carnegie Institute of Technology (engineering) and College of Fine Arts (theater) have established themselves internationally as elite universities. According to Forbes, Carnegie Mellon University graduates are among the highest-paid in the United States. Carnegie Mellon's campus is five miles from downtown Pittsburgh in the Oakland neighborhood.
There is a partnership between RWTH Aachen University and the CMU that is linked to Faculty 4 (Institute for Process Technology). Within the ISAP program (International Study and Training Partnership) of the DAAD, up to three scholarships can be awarded to students per academic year.
Type of agreement
Cooperation between the Faculty 4
Who can apply?
Since the CMU mainly has to take process engineering courses, the exchange program is largely limited to Bachelor students in the following courses:
• Mechanical engineering with a specialization in energy and process engineering
The stay begins in mid-August and ends at the end of May of the following year. The ideal time to apply is the 3rd semester at RWTH. The stay at the CMU replaces the 5th and 6th semester. Students in their 5th semester are of course also welcome to apply.
Type of stay
duration of the stay
an academic year
Time of stay
Winter and summer semester
Number of exchange places
|Application must be submitted to|
If you have any questions about the required documents and other formalities, as well as the recognition of academic achievements, please contact: Jennifer Puschke
|application time||You can find information on applications and deadlines on the AVT website.|
|Notes on health insurance|
Students are responsible for adequate insurance coverage themselves. A foreign health insurance is compulsory in order to be able to apply for a visa. Some partner universities have special insurance protection requirements.Liability insurance is strongly recommended.
|Testimonials||Experience reports in Moveonline Exchange|
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Country page USA
- Horses were native to America
- Black pudding is really great food
- What is Guaranteed Income in ULIP
- Why do you get a certificate
- What is the biggest challenge in drawing caricatures
- Which flavors go best with matcha
- How does leg cancer feel?
- How does psychology see love
- What is the kernel in the smartphone
- What is a photo gallery
- How strong is your parent's relationship
- Who is now absent-minded Why
- What is math do physicists need it
- Which proofreading pages are hiring
- What does the flag of Lesothos mean
- How is the surname pronounced
- How do you rate sales enablement
- Are children born with 20 20 vision
- How do wisdom teeth move other teeth?
- What's your experience with Happn
- What are the most surprising extinct animals
- Which cheeses are gluten-free?
- Which products contain sodium polyacrylate
- How to make fried okra