What is first strike and second strike
Second strike (German)
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Second | hit, Plural: Second | hits
- IPA: [ˈʦvaɪ̯tˌʃlaːk], Plural: [ˈʦvaɪ̯tˌʃlɛːɡə]
- 1) Military: the retaliatory strike following a nuclear attack, which is carried out with weapons that in principle cannot be eliminated by the first nuclear attack due to their stationing or mobility
- Determinative compound from the bound lexeme second and the noun Blow
- Translation of the English military term "second strike"
- 1) retaliatory strike
- 1) First strike
- 1) The term Second strike stands in the philosophy of the Cold War for a comprehensive retaliatory strike on a nuclear first strike.
- 1) This country lacks the ability to be a military one Second strike.
- 1) Second strike capacity
- 1) Cold war, nuclear strategy
- Nominative: singular the second strike; Plural the second strikes
- Genitive: singular of the second strike (s) s; Plural the second strikes
- Dative: singular the second strike; Plural the second blows
- Accusative: singular the second strike; Plural the second strikes
- English: 1) second strike
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The 'Arihant' is the weapon for the nuclear Second strike in India . But after an accident ten months ago, the 'Arihant' is paralyzed, reports 'The Hindu'.“
stern.de, May 15, 2019
„Because the Chinese leadership fears the US could have a nuclear one Second strike to fend off from the Middle Kingdom, armies are also being made here. As with a game of dominoes, this line of argument extends to other states.“
Blick Online, October 27, 2018
„The Ohio class is supposed to Second strike capacity secure the USA. That means that - should the US be destroyed by nuclear power - these submarines will be in a nuclear one Second strike can still destroy the enemy.“
Linke Zeitung, February 9th, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "second strike":
Second strike capacity: ... Meaning of the word / definition: 1) Military: the ability to conduct a (nuclear) second strike Origin of the term: Compound of the nouns second strike and capacity as well as the ...
Second strikes: Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Second | battered Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʦvaɪ̯tˌʃlɛːɡə] Grammatical features: Nominative plural of the noun Second strike Genitive plural of the noun Second strike Accusative plural of the noun Second strike
Second blows: Second Strikes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Second | Strikes Grammatical features: Dative plural of the noun Second strike
Retaliatory strike: ... with the joint element -s Synonyms: 1) Counter strike, retaliation, retaliation, second strike Opposite words: 1) First strike, preventive strike General terms: ...
first strike: atomic attack with the aim of destroying the enemy's nuclear weapons in order to avoid a retaliatory strike Opposite words: 1) Second strike Examples of use: 1) “In April 1962 the American Thor and Jupiter nuclear missiles were made operational in Turkey
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Second strike" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Zweitschlag/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term “second strike” and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Second strike (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Secondary Forms: Second Strike Hyphenation: Second | Whole pronunciation / stress: ...
Second strike (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form, Secondary Forms: Second Strike Hyphenation: Second | Schla | ges…
Second strike (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Secondary Forms: Second Strike Hyphenation: Second | Strike Pronunciation / Emphasis: ...
Second strike capacity (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular, second strike capacity; Majority of the ...
Second strike capacities (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Second | hit | ka | pa | zi | ta | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Second strikes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Second | Beats Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Second blows (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Second | Beats Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: ...
Duplicate key (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular, second key; Most of the duplicate keys ...
Duplicate keys (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Second | keys Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: ...
Duplicate key (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Second | key | sels Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Duplicate (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular second font; Plural duplicates genitive: ...
- Where does my last name Bazal come from?
- Which high school produces the most millionaires?
- What is rotation latency
- Are there psychological reasons for over-thinkers
- Be wrong about looking at calendars
- What are the uses of HSP90 screening
- How can I root my phone
- What role should men play in feminism?
- Is organic chemistry good or biotechnology
- How can I reset a Kyocera printer
- How should I download AWS training videos
- How is the British monarch structured
- Can I use biometric data in SBI ATMs?
- How did Miranda Sings get so popular
- How can we deal with a computer
- Is C limited to Windows only
- Is the Antichrist an NPC
- What is the state language of Hyderabad
- Anonymous is an American hacker activist group
- Why don't you make it easy for yourself
- How can learning history change the world
- Which brand is better Revlon or Maybelline
- Human civilizations usually eat anteaters
- What is an example of a shell script
- Can proteins form polymers?
- What is the reason why people dance
- Is it worth trying hypnotherapy
- How healthy is licorice
- Why is obsidian so dense
- What are process-intensive products
- Studying philosophy will make you smarter
- The observer must be conscious
- Why is Sriharikota famous for