Who speaks in Bihar
CARE: Worst floods in Bihar (India) in 50 years "Now it's about saving lives"
Help has started
03.09.2008 – 12:32
CARE Germany e.V.
BONN / DEHLI September 3, 2008 The aid organization CARE speaks of the "worst floods in the Indian state of Bihar in 50 years". Their employees in India, R.N. Mohanty said in Dehli: "Now it's about saving lives." The priority is to get the victims to safe areas as quickly as possible.
CARE helps through local partners with medical support, for example with mobile emergency services. Villagers must be evacuated from the hardest-hit Supaul area in Bihar District. CARE describes diseases that can result from the polluted water as a "significant health risk for the victims." For this reason, CARE is currently building drinking water points where fresh water is to be distributed.
The aid teams distribute goods from boats, as many roads are inaccessible. According to CARE, the people who have become homeless as a result of the floods will only be able to go home in weeks or months. It took several weeks for the water to drain again.
In neighboring Nepal, CARE supports 500 families with blankets, children's clothing and plastic sheeting. In addition, CARE offers medical help for pregnant women and mothers.
CARE Germany-Luxembourg e.V.
Phone: 0228/97563 23
Mobile: 0160/745 93 61
Email: [email protected]
Original content from: CARE Deutschland e.V., transmitted by news aktuell
- What does a good presentation mean?
- Will I ever get famous
- What is undeniably remarkable
- Is it a sin to be brutally honest?
- How did Ireland get out of poverty
- Which is the best touring bike
- Theresa May is Margaret Thatcher in reverse
- What percentage does YCombinator take from startups
- Risk insurance is a must
- Why should you choose an MBA?
- Can Naruto beat Superman
- Isn't veganism very similar to Indian vegetarianism?
- What are monks
- What percentage of Twitter photos are geotagged
- Hungarian sweet paprika is hot
- Alibaba products can be dropshiped
- How can someone identify a healthy body
- Every Peruvian lawyer has experience moving to Canada
- How often should Christians have fellowship?
- Was Emily Blunt on Broadway
- Who is better IOCL or Power Grid
- What would be your ideal lip balm
- Can I eat too many bananas?
- Is there advice on narcissistic neighbors