Why should one open up
Dishwasher: Open the door immediately after the end of the program - or not?
Even though the dishwasher is one of the most popular kitchen gadgets, there are still many common misunderstandings about household appliances that you should be aware of.
The dishwasher is undoubtedly practical: load dirty dishes, add a tablet or powder, press the button, done. After the program has ended, some consumers ask themselves the question: should they open the dishwasher immediately? And, if so, just a crack or completely? Or is it wiser to allow the machine to run after the wash cycle - so that it cools down from the inside first.
Cecilia Meusel from Stiftung Warentest recommends opening the door a crack at the end of the program. This allows the accumulated hot water vapor to escape. But that has no effect on the dishes or the dishwasher itself, says Meusel when asked by t-online.de.
Always follow the manufacturer's instructions
For Teresa Niewiadomski from the Rhineland-Palatinate consumer center, "a faster drying process is possible with the appliance door slightly open and the dishwasher can also dry better inside". In principle, however, the instructions for use of the dishwasher manufacturer should always be taken into account.
A German manufacturer of household appliances recommends in its instructions to open the door fully after the program has ended so that the dishes cool down more quickly.
Hot steam can cause wooden furniture to swell
Richarda Burré from the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Die Moderne Küche (AMK) points out, however, that if you open it immediately, a lot of moist air can accumulate on the interior and kitchen furniture made of wood can swell. She recommends opening the dishwasher around 20 minutes after the end of the program.
Info: If your dishwasher has an automatic opening function for drying, the dishwasher automatically regulates the amount of steam. This protects the furniture from moisture. Owners of a dishwasher should always follow the manufacturer's instructions in the operating and assembly instructions.
However, if you absolutely need crockery or cutlery from the machine beforehand, you should open the door completely. Otherwise the steam rising through the small gap in the door will be directed directly to the wall cupboards. If, on the other hand, the door is opened fully, the steam is distributed throughout the kitchen. After that, the door should be closed again, says Burré when asked by t-online.
- How is business involved in everyday life
- Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
- Animals are allowed to parachute
- What Happens When You Eat Green Mold
- Where can I buy a folder
- What happened to good people
- What are the sunniest cities in Washington
- Why do we die of stress
- What is your advice
- How can greed be good
- Why do I always dream of rejection
- How can seniors earn extra money
- How do I make money doing handicrafts
- What's better than calendly
- Where do you get Premium YouTube from
- Why do companies need internal legal counsel
- What makes a good conference
- Is e Visa India a real website
- Highest electron affinity
- What is data extraction in research
- Where are the safaris
- How can I remove a PS3 from jailbreaking?
- What chemicals should I avoid in shampoos?
- Why does my pregnant cat keep meowing