What is the Adreno GPU
Snapdragon 865: Qualcomm offers Adreno GPU drivers in the Play Store
With the Snapdragon 865, Qualcomm is making its GPU driver for the integrated Adreno graphics unit available for the first time via the Google Play Store. So it should be possible to offer optimizations for games faster and new graphics settings. But the new model also has an advantage in the area of security.
Qualcomm's announcement states that the "Adreno Updateable GPU Drivers" can be downloaded directly from an app store, provided that they are made available by the OEM of the smartphone. Accordingly, Qualcomm does not offer the Adreno driver directly, for example in the Google Play Store, but the manufacturer of the smartphone now has this option. Qualcomm also does not explicitly name the Play Store as the source, so the drivers can also be offered in alternative stores. Huawei and Samsung operate their own stores. ComputerBase will find out details about the implementation during the Snapdragon Tech Summit.
Updates for new AAA games like the desktop
With this new approach, graphics optimizations for current games should be offered more quickly. In the desktop environment, it is a tradition that AMD and Nvidia offer adapted drivers for new AAA titles for release in order to optimize performance. Something similar could establish itself in the smartphone environment.
Details are still missing, but according to Qualcomm, players with an app store version of the driver should also be able to make settings on the GPU and special settings for each game.
Faster security updates
With a GPU driver that can be updated via the Play Store, Qualcomm or the smartphone manufacturer could also make adjustments more quickly in the area of security. In the past, driver updates were regularly part of the monthly Android security patches due to security vulnerabilities. Here, OEMs could drive a faster rhythm with the new driver and close security gaps via the Play Store.
ComputerBase received information about this item from Qualcomm in advance of and as part of an event organized by the manufacturer on Maui under NDA. The costs for arrival, departure and hotel were borne by Qualcomm. There was no influence on the part of the manufacturer or an obligation to report.
- How did you get into writing?
- What affects the strength of a magnet
- What is the compound name for SNO2
- Why are we labeled in black or white
- What makes the Mayo Clinic so special
- What does that mean in mathematics
- Is Pubg Mobile boring or exciting
- What are some of the most dense materials
- How can I terminate my home loan
- What to eat in Mumbai
- What are some deep learning use cases
- Which MBA specialization requires more communication skills
- What is SRS in fiber optic
- How do I check the earlier punctuality of the trains
- Why does my friend feel no pain
- Why are black beetles found in oatmeal
- Buy legal documents online
- Which Indian celebrities speak English best
- How do I exit Emacs
- It is important to learn XML
- How much money does Disneyland earn
- Can Tolkien's languages be learned
- Why is TDS deducted for online transactions
- What do the British call a bathroom
- What actually is an OPC UA client
- What is the Russian word for stress
- Which god or goddess do you worship
- Who is the Lucasfilm mascot
- Make skateboarders better surfers
- Why are beach weddings so popular
- Where is the port of Chabahar
- How are the Torontonian girls
- Are you a negative or positive person
- Why should India have reservations?