How is globalization killing Filipino culture
More than three decades after the fall of the Marcos dictatorship, there is still no peace on the 7,107 islands. Reforms are hardly moving, and poverty and social injustice are on the rise. Machismo and “traditional politicians” continue to do mischief. Since President Rodrigo R. Duterte took office in the summer of 2016, society has been more divided than ever, and human rights are of secondary importance to him. The head of state publicly and unabashedly denounces national and international human rights lawyers as “stupid idiots” and “sons of whores”. Nevertheless, the people of the Philippines are said to be among the happiest people in the world with one of the most active civil societies. A contradiction? One of many that makes the country exciting and what makes you upset.
This manual has now been published in its sixth and completely revised and expanded edition
provides deep insights into the past and present, the country and its people. It condenses the information and discussions on central socio-political problem areas in numerous contributions - on agriculture and land reform, on labor migration and social security, on the effects of globalization and privatization, on education, health and gender, on the economy, politics, culture, ecology, civil society and much more.
Written by long-time Philippine connoisseurs and Filipino authors, the book comprehensively outlines the worlds of life and political conflicts in this Southeast Asian country and also provides information on all topics for in-depth reading.
More information about the manual
Table of contents and foreword
- What is your opinion on cardboard cutouts
- What do Europeans think of Eurosceptic politicians?
- What do conservatives take for granted?
- What is an 8-bit microprocessor
- What is korean love jeong
- How is Islamic finance
- Who played masters in EDF
- How do you stop thinking about work
- How does one become a weak person?
- What is a Psychometric Career Test
- Enjoy reading clickbait articles
- How do I become an agricultural engineer
- Are hair salons clean
- Where is Gurudwara Sahib in Belgaum
- Are storm windows necessary
- Will see Amazon online applications for interns
- Which tent is best for a family
- How do ambassadors learn foreign languages
- Who is bidding on the Brady Bunch house
- Where is the port of Chabahar
- Is 5 9 tall for a man
- Why are people complaining about gas prices
- How to Avoid Social Anxiety
- What does TPB stand for
- What is a Russian-style symphony orchestra
- Is Mars's moon hot or cold
- What topics should a creative visionary know
- Why was America happier 20 years ago
- What happens to the NASA Juno mission
- What Are Some Fascinating Facts About Squid
- How similar are autistic alexithymia and psychopathy
- How much math does your major need
- Why is your mortgage considered a good debt
- How can you stop dying alone