When is avocado season in the Philippines
The avocado - interesting facts about origin and season
The place of the avocado in the seasonal fruit calendar
The avocado season starts in August with fruits from Mexico; Israel and Spain deliver from September / October to May. South Africa and Kenya fill the summer slump as early as March, but the autumn fruits are more flavorful. The avocado can be found on the shelves of wholesalers and retailers in all seasons.
What's inside: Ingredients of the avocado
Avocados are rich in unsaturated fatty acids and high in fat. They also contain many vitamins (B1, B2, B6, C), iron, folic acid, ß-carotene, potassium and fluoride.
Regarding the origin: the avocado likes it warm
The fruit has been used in tropical and subtropical Central America for around 10,000 years. The Spaniards brought it to the Caribbean, Chile and Madeira, until it spread to Africa and Madagascar, Malaysia and the Philippines in the course of the 19th century. The avocado has only been grown around the Mediterranean since the beginning of the 20th century.
Botany - a little botany of the avocado tree
The avocado (Persea americana MILL., Also Persea gratissima) belongs to the laurel family (Lauraceae). The avocado tree is evergreen and fast-growing and grows in warm areas that tend to be drier. The dark green leaves are up to 45 centimeters long. The small yellow-greenish flowers are in terminal or lateral inflorescences. After about four years, the tree begins to bear fruit.
The avocado at Bivano - storage and packaging
As an imported fruit, the avocado requires special care: The Bivano organic logistics center ensures that the organic avocados are properly ripened in special ripening chambers, and stored and packaged.
Tips, tricks or things to know:
If half of the avocado is not eaten right away, the kernel should stay in that half: it contains special enzymes that keep the rest of the avocado fresh.
Would you like to find out more about avocados or are you particularly interested in the procurement (import), ripening (ripening chamber), storage, packaging or transport of organic avocados in our organic logistics center? Contact us!
- Where are the people in an embassy
- Which category will Huawei do next?
- What is the need for Express JS
- What is culture and its components
- How common is an infection after surgery?
- What does an idli look like
- Where can I get football predictions
- Why do perishable foods run out quickly
- What is the full form of YTFF
- All hurricanes hit the Florida coast
- Is Shopify available in Argentina
- What does it mean to be a soprano
- Is Jack Nicholson retired
- What jobs can color-blind people do
- Is love just being in love and nothing else
- Investing in Bharat Electronics Ltd is fruitful
- Why are athletes bad role models
- Where is Home Depot's headquarters located
- What is another word for the memory of the past
- Why do cats get angry?
- Why do Democrats complain about Trump
- How often should you paint furniture
- You can prepay Facebook ads
- Is Brad Paisley's song Accidental Racist racist