What is brand collaboration
Cooperation vs. collaboration: these are the main differences
Companies seem to agree that collaboration between specialists across disciplines is important in order to successfully implement projects. Unfortunately, the reality is often completely different. Various employees and departments concentrate on their tasks and goals within the project without seeing the overarching corporate goal. In order to work collaboratively, it takes more than bringing all project participants around the table, exchanging information and cooperating. But what exactly is the difference between cooperation and collaboration?
That is what we mean by cooperation
In cooperation, individuals or teams work on different subtasks of the end result. This means that the respective employees or groups are not involved in the production of all results of a project. Processing takes place in parallel.
That means collaboration
In collaboration, people or teams work together on part of the end result in parallel. The difference to cooperation: A single employee or a team are involved in the production of all results of a project. A collaboration takes place sequentially, i.e. continuously.
Imagine the following scenario:
A large insurance company is developing a line of products to create unique customer experiences. But when the products were rolled out, it became clear that the product development and marketing teams weren't working closely enough with the IT and customer service teams. These teams were informed about the general product development strategy, but not involved in the detailed planning of the roll-out. Among other things, this meant that the call centers were not prepared for questions from customers.
To avoid this and to initiate true collaboration in your company, you should consider the following steps:
- First answer the following questions: What are the responsibilities within your team? What do you need from other teams in the course of the organization?
- Outline the project flow, the individual phases and the time required.
- Discuss the resources and possibilities and enter into a dialogue with all those involved in the project.
- Then create an appointment and invite all the required employees from the various areas. This is where the responsibilities of the collaborative project should be defined.
- The collaboration tools from Google can ideally be used here: With Google Apps for Work, ideas and content can be exchanged, developed and implemented more quickly by working on a single document in parallel.
Get started collaboratively with Google Apps for Work
With Google Apps for Work, ideas and content can be exchanged, developed and implemented faster by working on a single document regardless of location and in parallel.
The Google Tools make it easier for companies to work together productively: They have more time for creativity and new ideas. According to the principle of “One Document of Truth”, all employees, colleagues and business partners are always up to date. There is no inconvenient sending of documents as attachments or the overwriting of previous versions.
Google Apps for Work at a glance
- Gmail for business
- Google Calendar
- Google Drive
- Google Vault
- Google Sites
Not only work more efficiently, but really collaborate with the tools from Google. Would you like advice? Then please contact us here.
(Source: Harvard Business Review)
- Why are poisonous frogs colored
- Will Antarctica ever be warm again?
- What are universal constants in mathematics
- What is CSS in Selenium
- Is QA engineer post includes automation testing
- What was Einstein's theory of the black hole
- If Hillary comes in, she can win
- Libra is real money
- Which Android app plays music over FM
- What does DAW mean in a conversation
- Which book you want ended differently
- Why do starfish not have bilateral symmetry
- How do you wear leather pants
- How do non-Muslims cure black magic
- How do I focus on something
- How did you get into the Kaaba?
- Can you please interpret my dream 1
- Will Doctor Strange return in Avengers Endgame
- What is the past tense for the purchase
- IMessage has an API
- What does the term Albanian Golgotha mean
- Which country offers the most drugs
- I was born to be single
- What makes Play Store so successful
- How do I get to cloud storage
- How do we set up web marketing
- Which party is the Liberal Party
- Which countries teach English grammar
- How can I be careful in class
- How was your first hitchhiking experience
- What else is the family there for?
- Go hurricane names in alphabetical order
- Should Tibet become a sovereign nation again