What is a persona profile
Persona is understood to mean User models that characterize the characteristics of people in a specific target group and represent a qualitative analysis of user behavior. This also includes preferences, expectations and behaviors. In Latin, persona means something like mask, role, character or person. On the basis of personas, it is possible to put yourself in the shoes of potential users, e.g. B. to represent a certain perspective and attitude in design processes in order to develop and plan the end product as purposefully as possible. Ultimately, it is about answering the question “Who is our target group and what does it expect from us?”.
Table of Contents
Meaning and importance of a persona
In marketing, it is particularly important to know your target group exactly. If a visitor lands on a page after a search query on Google, the content of which bypasses the user requirement, this usually leaves the website. Potential customers pay attention to the content when it is of interest and relevance. A persona goes one step further than z. B. the typical target group description and not only provides data about the target group, but tries by creating a fictional person better empathize with their needs. Basically, a role is created that you can put yourself in and slip into in order to then tailor content and your own offerings better to your customers.
At the beginning of a project, personas can help to get a concrete idea of the future user or target group. In order to be able to develop a persona, suitable user data must be collected beforehand. The possibilities for this data collection are diverse and include, for example, online surveys, interviews, analyzes of user and purchasing behavior, reviews of the company or the products offered, suggestions or suggestions for improvement by customers, etc. As soon as sufficient data is available, appropriate user groups can be used on the basis of this created and a profile created.
Example of a persona profile
- Persona name: John Doe
- background: Head of HR, has been with the company for 10 years, is married and has two children (7 and 4)
- Demographic data: male, 45 years old, household income of € 110,000
- Identifiers: very quiet nature, would like to receive information material by email
- aims: attaches importance to a good work / life balance and that all employees are satisfied
- Challenge: very high workload, which has to be managed by a few employees
A persona is also suitable, for example, to carry out a current target / actual comparison and to see whether the expectations and hypotheses about the user are correct. Conclusions can then be drawn from the results as to how optimization can continue or whether it might even make more sense to address a new target group.
Creation of a persona
Developing a persona can be worthwhile for both start-ups and existing companies. Companies that have been in the market for a long time have the advantage of having important customer data that can be used for a persona. Customer inquiries about the website, the company or products, as well as suggestions and suggestions for improvement, provide valuable information on how customers think and what moves them. The social web can also be a good source of information about customer needs.
When creating a persona, key questions play an important role. In order for these questions to be answered in the best possible way and to provide relevant data, interested parties and customers should be interviewed. The following list contains some examples of such key questions:
- In which market are my customers (B2B or B2C)?
- B2B: What industry are our customers in?
- B2B: In what position is the persona employed there? Does she have freedom of choice?
- Does the persona show certain shopping behavior?
- What professional or private goals does the persona pursue?
- What challenges does the persona face in achieving these goals?
- What solutions is the persona looking for?
- What level of education is the persona at?
- Place of residence?
- Which channels and sources does the persona use?
- When is the best time to contact the persona?
- What hobbies does the persona pursue?
The relationship between SEO, content strategy and personas
The aim of every website is to generate conversions. The prerequisite for a conversion is that visitors find the information and products they were looking for on the relevant website. This is achieved through suitable content that is tailored to the target group, appeals to them and ultimately leads to a conversion. The more is known about the target group, the more personalized a landing page can be and the more appropriate optimization measures can be taken. Personas help to represent the various target groups and to determine their behavior: from entering the search query to navigating the website to conversion.
Application examples of personas
- Content: With the help of personas, content can be better assessed to what extent it is relevant for the target group (texts, images, videos, etc.). In further steps, the buyers journey and customer journey should also be taken into account in order to design optimal content.
- design: Aesthetic aspects and demands of the target group on the navigation within the website can be implemented better.
- Optimized landing pages: Landing pages tailored to users reduce the bounce rate.
- communication: Which channels does the target group prefer and how would they like to be addressed?
- Why is Xiaomi fighting in India now
- How popular is it to learn English in China
- Why did my Instagram unsubscribe me
- What are the advantages of online communication
- Why is Congress exempt from FOIA
- Are protons really round
- How high should my saddle be
- Why are Arab horses valued
- Who was the first Prince of Wales
- Why is this ketodia heart healthy
- Where will artificial intelligence be in 2040?
- Is it worth investing in Algorand
- Is the Antichrist an NPC
- What is scalar wave
- How big is the Chinese Navy
- How do divers die
- When were single-use cameras invented?
- Are BTS and EXO the same
- Is the Whiplash song a real song
- When is something considered a background color
- How does a conspiracy theory begin
- Is e Visa India a real website
- How is the software industry in Vietnam
- What are the uses of HSP90 screening