Can post Instagram gifs
Instagram: Post GIF - How it works
Animated images in GIF format are now hard to ignore on social media. But what does it look like if you want to post a GIF on Instagram?
The small videos can only be shared in stories, not in the feed, directly via the app. Nevertheless, there is a detour that you can use to post a GIF on your Instagram wall. You need an additional app for this.
Instagram: Post GIF in story
When it comes to sharing GIFs online, there is no getting around GIPHY. This is a database in which you can find a GIF animation for almost every crazy keyword. You simply add pre-selected animations from GIPHY as an effect on your photo for the Instagram story.
If you want to share a GIF in a story, you can do so directly in Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Select the camera icon at the top to take a picture for the story.
- Press the sticker icon in the top bar.
- In the sticker options you select the entry "GIF".
- Use the search bar to browse the GIPHY database.
- If you have decided on an animation, you insert the effect on your photo.
- Once the animation has been added, you continue to finish your story.
Instagram: Post GIF in feed
If you want to publish a GIF in your feed on Instagram, you need the GIPHY app. These are available free of charge for Android and iOS. Once downloaded, publish your GIF on Instagram as follows:
- Open the GIPHY app.
- Use the search function to select a GIF for your post.
- Press the paper plane, i.e. the share symbol.
- A few icons appear for various apps that can be used to share GIFs. Instagram is hiding behind the camera icon.
- Once selected, you decide whether the GIF file will be posted on your pin board or in an Instagram story.
- You will now be redirected to Instagram. Edit the mini video as you wish.
- Done, the animation can now be seen on your Instagram wall.
Note that you are not posting a real "GIF" file with this detour. When transferring from GIPHY to Instagram, the file is converted from GIF format to Instagram compatible video. However, nothing changes in the image content itself. As with the posting of image files, you must also observe the copyright law with GIF animations.
If GIPHY is not for you, you will also find the share function for Instagram in the GIF collections Tenor or ImgPlay. If you can't find what you are looking for in the databases, we will show you how to create your own GIF quickly and easily.
More tips on Instagram:
- What's the best ethical hacking book
- Why do people like online debates
- Skin marks are signs of pre-diabetes
- How dirty is Kolkata
- What exactly is leverage
- What cables come with the Nintendo switch
- How can anyone stop porn addiction
- What is unique about eClerx
- What else is the family there for?
- Is someone from Multan here?
- How does BitPay make money
- What is the theory of d separation
- Are long eyelashes attractive in a man
- What happens to microorganisms when they die?
- When did you move to California?
- What is Disney Concert Hall
- Corruption is an integral part of the human constitution
- Which is a free antivirus
- Is Python the new Java
- If someone ignores a human rights violation
- What is the damage to world trade
- Green slime means you are sick
- What are the uses of Fibonacci numbers
- What are the Worst Hollywood Action Movies