What is taught in mechanical engineering
The study of mechanical engineering at the Cooperative State University provides the theoretical and practical tools to successfully work on the extremely diverse tasks in connection with the development of machines and machine systems. In professional practice, the engineer has a wide range of work opportunities in construction, in technical testing, in production, in project planning, in sales and in customer service. The necessary knowledge of natural and engineering methods and processes, including modern data processing techniques and the basics of business administration, are taught at the dual university.
There are currently around 230,000 to 240,000 employed engineers in mechanical engineering (including process engineering), and their number has risen steadily in the past. This not only in absolute terms, but also the proportion of engineers in the total number of employees has increased continuously and will continue to grow in the future, especially in a high-tech, know-how-oriented country like Germany.
There will therefore also be a need for mechanical engineers in the future. The reason for this is that the desired economic development can only be achieved through further mechanization and rationalization; these are tasks in which mechanical engineers are used. Provided that this assumption is correct, the mechanical engineering industry will continue to play an important role in the future for the purpose of designing and manufacturing new, better machines and facilities, as the products of this industry become obsolete and uneconomical at an ever faster rate due to the increasing performance and quality requirements.
Furthermore, especially in the areas of environmental protection that are gaining in importance today, the issues of raw material scarcity and energy saving in the future, many engineers in mechanical engineering will find common, new fields of activity together with engineers from other courses.
For the reasons already mentioned, mechanical engineers can expect good employment as well as promotion and income opportunities, whereby in industry and in the private sector, the performance provided by the individual is decisive.
Therefore, only those engineers will be able to be professionally successful who do not regard their bachelor's degree as the end of their training, but who continue to show willingness to learn. In addition to good performance in the course of study, the main prerequisites for career advancement are:
- personal motivation and commitment
- Mobility and resilience
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate
- Open-mindedness towards foreign experiences and new ideas, readiness for constant further education
- Ability both for self-organization and for personnel management
- good demeanor and negotiating skills
- good foreign language skills, especially English, French and Spanish, of course other languages for sub-markets
- IT knowledge in the areas of office organization and computer-aided calculation, construction and production.
The importance and weighting of the aforementioned characteristics are of course dependent on the requirements profile of the job and the desired professional position.
Fields of activity
In professional practice, there is a wide range of work opportunities in construction, in technical testing, in production, in project planning, in sales and in customer service.
The required knowledge of natural and engineering methods and processes, including data processing techniques and the basics of business administration, are taught at DHBW Mosbach.
When looking at the income situation, a general distinction must be made between working in the private sector and working in the public sector. The Association of German Engineers (VDI) publishes very informative documentation on the income situation of engineers at irregular intervals.
- Can I change an iPhone 6S housing?
- What is easiest to wash
- What are the Worst Hollywood Action Movies
- Why don't birds chirp in the afternoon
- What is colic abdominal pain
- Which business type is the best
- There could be another universe
- How do hash functions ensure transaction integrity
- What significance did Stalin's purges have?
- In which language is JVM written
- Is it safe to install aftermarket sunroofs
- Should I get my deflected septum fixed?
- What is the TT segment in retail
- What was the first popular cartoon character
- What do pineapple tattoos mean
- What causes hybridization
- Sends home24 ch to Switzerland
- Is SuperM a permanent group
- How are kites made
- Evanescence is classified as a symphonic metal
- How was your first hitchhiking experience
- What does fused cast AZS block mean
- Are there any poisonous mammals
- Who controls my phone