What are some alternatives to wavelets
The wavelet transform
Signal Theory pp 301-354 | Cite as
- Alfred Mertins
The wavelet transform was introduced in 1982 by Morlet et al. introduced, whereby the application consisted in the evaluation of seismic measurement data , . Since then, various types of wavelet transform have been proposed and many other uses have been found. The time-continuous wavelet transformation, also called integral wavelet transformation, has applications in signal analysis, where it provides an affine-invariant time-frequency representation. A form that is particularly frequently used is the discrete wavelet transformation (DWT). The DWT has excellent coding properties for many classes of natural signals and can also be implemented very efficiently. It has applications in many areas of technology, such as image compression, noise reduction and pattern recognition.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.Institute for Signal ProcessingUniversity of LübeckLübeckGermany
- How does deforestation cause soil erosion 2
- Are there poverty ghettos etc. in Norway?
- Why is Krishna blue
- How is this physical question solved?
- Gay people prefer to wear women's perfumes
- How are Indian tourists treated in Israel
- How do the WHO standards for child growth work
- What is wood frame structure
- Is Thai massage safe
- The anesthesia causes constipation
- What are stupid charades
- How feasible is my venture idea
- What is scalability
- What is Java null
- What is p in HTML
- What is cash in mutual funds
- How does Java help ordinary people
- What are examples of content
- Life in Mexico is pointless
- Is SFU kinesiology good
- Why does India not have young executives?
- How deeply psychology is related to science
- What's the best poker HUD
- Where can I effectively check my IQ
- How useful are flowers to us
- Why does Listerine burn so much
- Where can I find AI for companies
- What are milliliters used to measure
- Why does saliva come out during sleep
- How did paintball start?
- Do you have a pool 1
- How do materials like lead absorb radiation
- What is the most fascinating mathematical truth