Can animals like dogs understand our words
LexiTV | 03/15/2017 | 3:00 p.m. Study confirms: your dog understands you - really
We are seen through
The hardest part for the researchers from the Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest was convincing the dogs to sit or lie down in the magnetic resonance tomograph. Because this thing is 100 percent tech and pretty loud. With a lot of persuasion and pats, the scientists made it and were rewarded with new findings. Because the MRI images showed: Dogs process the words in the left hemisphere and the tone of voice in the right. It only makes sense when they bring the two together. It is the same with us humans. In other words: a whispered "stupid dog" does not come across as praise for four-legged friends.
This is what the researchers did
While the dogs were in the MRI, the dog trainer spoke to them. The animals heard
words of praise with praising intonation,
words of praise with neutral intonation,
neutral words with praising intonation,
according to behavioral scientist Anna Gábor. Then the researchers checked how the hemispheres of the brain process what was said. Example: Neutral (meaningless) words in a laudatory tone. The dogs apparently realized that the talk doesn't make sense. The left hemisphere remained largely inactive.
Reward center is activated
It is not new that dogs understand words. So far, however, the connection between language and tone of voice has not been directly proven. British researchers at the University of Sussex carried out a similar experiment in 2014 - but without an MRI. They drew their conclusions from the direction in which the dogs turned their heads. They came to very similar results. The Hungarian researchers have now confirmed this in the study published in the journal “Science”. Now we know. The reward center is only activated in dogs when the words and tone of voice are praiseworthy.
- How can I get inspiration for songwriting?
- Memory can exist without emotion
- When did musical theater begin?
- Where is the US mainland located
- How can earth be sintered
- How is the service from Ways2capital company
- If superheroes were real, people would protest
- How do you succeed in information technology
- How can I repair wet ceiling tiles
- Why is kpop not popular in Africa
- Was life more difficult mentally in the past
- Can I buy Sony PlayStation 4 online?
- Can someone go to jail for jaywalking?
- Is history an art humanity or a science
- Can emotional bonds develop without trust?
- Can amoeba live in carbonated water
- How do we calculate the NIOS percentage
- How does the petro crypto currency work
- How do I learn something 5X faster
- Advantages and disadvantages of NET
- Could quantum computers cause a technological singularity?
- What does critical but stable condition mean?
- What are some popular movie plot patterns
- What is the 25th change
- How is the Koran different from modern science?
- What is the uncus in the brain
- When did lions become extinct in Palestine?
- What are the uses of binomial theorem
- Is your mind part of your body
- What if Sauron fights Aragorn?
- Can an adoptive mother breastfeed a child?
- How can I start a top-up portal
- What is CSS in Selenium
- What are some examples of headlines