Is C limited to Windows only
Windows 10 kiosk mode: restrict usage to certain apps
In some cases it is useful to configure a Windows PC in such a way that any user can use it for a very specific purpose but cannot break the installation. You cannot make any changes to the programs, settings or the operating system. A practical case is a surfing PC in a library or flat share, and it can also be practical for parties to set up a PC in such a way that everyone can use it, but nothing can be done with it except to play music.
A practical tool for this is included in Windows 10 in the Pro, Enterprise and Education editions: setting up a kiosk user account, also known as "assigned access" at Microsoft. When you log in, it automatically runs an app predefined by the administrator - which, however, must be a modern app, i.e. a tile app included in Windows 10 or installed from the store. The most common choice here is likely to be the Edge web browser. So far, it has to be the conventional Edge included as standard in Windows 10. The new Chromium-based Edge browser does not currently work with kiosk mode. During the installation, the old Edge is hidden; if you are already using the Chromium Edge, you will either have to uninstall it or activate the side-by-side mode. This gives you access to both versions.
The setup is done comparatively quickly. First, think about which app the kiosk users should use and install it via the store if necessary. Then click in the settings under "Accounts / Family and other users" in the section "Set up kiosk" on the function "Assigned access" and then on "First steps". Assign a user name for the kiosk account or simply click on "Next" and it will automatically be called "Kiosk". Now select the app you want.
- Why do nuclear explosions make mushroom clouds
- What was the name of the Persian law
- Where can I get final settlement notes
- What is the cure for mucomycosis
- Which state is Amausy Airport located in
- Are there already algorithms for parsing resumes?
- Is a hospital charge master public information
- What does Bandwidth Allocation mean
- What are some global problems
- Did Smoking Marijuana Help Your Asthma?
- How to cure non allergic rhinitis
- What is your friend
- How many nodes can the blockchain grow
- How can I better understand the recursion
- How do you fight your reflexes
- Is can or can't correct
- Mautic does what SendinBlue does
- What are the best NFC hacks
- Besides his influence, Bob Dylan is overrated
- What kind of abortion is safe
- How does Wolfram Alpha make money
- Which diet is recommended for chronic diarrhea
- Where does 22 come from 7
- Why don't teachers like Wikipedia