What is the best photo of shadows
Photo basics: light and shadow
Whether warm, cold, hard or soft: Light is the most important component in our photography. Today's photo tip is dedicated to the benefits of light and shadow.
Some photographers are convinced that soft light "lulls" the subjects and the art of working with light is lost. Softbox and diffuser should not represent the ultimate in lighting. The use of hard light is a decisive factor for some ingenious picture compositions. Typically it comes from a spotlight or the blazing midday sun and ensures high dynamics and contrasts in the picture. This will be reflected in the tonal range of the camera. An important rule is: where there is hard light, there are also hard shadows. A great attraction of hard light is that dominant or important aspects are emphasized in the picture, while less important details can disappear in the dark. In addition, images with a high dynamic range can create a greater sense of depth. Softly lit photos, on the other hand, sometimes appear flat. Because even if hard light seems brutal at times - it can often expand your photographic possibilities.
Great photos can be created with light and shadow
If hard, direct light hits an object, exciting shadow games can arise, which can be used wonderfully in photography to create attractive and playful images. And that is exactly what your photo assignment this week consists of: Use strong sunlight - or alternatively a flash - and create a photo that captivates with an appealing play of light and shadow and the contrasts between light and dark areas of the image. The genre does not matter here - this task can be implemented excellently in both portrait and architectural photography. Use RAW to optimize the shadows and highlights afterwards.
Don't forget to share your photos with us in our 52 photos gallery afterwards. With a little luck you can win great prizes. You can find more information about the competition here.
more on the subject
- What is your rating of 5Paisa
- Is Gumroad a scam
- What is the h index
- Let's explore the ocean
- What are the different perspectives on consciousness
- What does that mean in mathematics
- Do Apple AirPods have noise suppression?
- What is your start-up doing
- What is the psychology of evil people
- How is Hostel Paari in SRM
- Which environmental factors influence water research
- What are the goals of NSS
- Can Trump cure poverty
- What business can I start in Pune
- What minerals are expensive
- Is learning Adobe Photoshop helpful
- Can I stream copyrighted music on Twitch?
- What languages were spoken in the 1500s
- Is bone tuberculosis dangerous
- Are mermaids fictional characters
- Should scandal insurance be illegal
- Can I use my headphones while working with the wood?
- Contemporary artists play surf rock
- What are the best banquets in Jammu
- Glassdoor reviews can be tracked
- Is someone using iCloud
- Michael Jackson was a good actor
- Are neural networks inefficient? If so, why
- What happens when the nitrogen goes up
- How serious can a broken foot be
- Should I start drinking alcohol for health reasons?
- Is ethernet an electrical specification
- Staples has a fax service
- Where do realistic bad dreams come from