Which god or goddess do you worship
Which god is true?
Which god is the real one? The one you adore. But worship God with respect for other ideas about God and do not believe that your God is the only real one.
Which god is true?
There is the concept of God or a divine in all religions. That seems like a human constant. People everywhere believe in something higher. They call it god, they call it goddess, a divine, sometimes a single entity, sometimes many entities, but people believe in a higher reality. Even people who are not influenced by Christianity say that there has to be a higher reality.
But - which God is the real one now? The Christian God, the Evangelical God, the Catholic God, is it the Trinity of God, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit? Is it Adonei who is one and only. Is it allah Is it Vishnu, Krishna, or Rama among the Hindus? Is it Shiva or is it the goddess, the mother of God, the divine mother? Is it Durga, Lakshmi, Kali, Sarasvati?
Yoga Vedanta - God is one
I come from the Yoga Vedanta direction and in Yoga Vedanta we say: Names are many, God is one. Love your neighbor as yourself. There are many ways, but God is one. Love your neighbor as yourself. Instead of finding out which God is the true one, assume: there is the divine! This divine is such that it cannot be understood by humans.
Which is why it says in the Christian and Jewish Bible: You shouldn't make an image of God for yourself - that is, you shouldn't make an idea of God. I don't think you really understand God. You could say: Make yourself a working hypothesis from God. You can say: God is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. You can say: God is the Venerable, the One. You can say: God is my mother, the mother of God. But don't imagine that this is really God.
A similar analogy would be: Suppose a woman has children and she is employed, she is married and her parents are still alive. The mother will call her: Child or maybe Gabi, maybe because her name is Gabriele and the mother just called her Gabi. Let's say the child then calls her Mommy and the husband calls her darling and the boss calls her Ms. Schmidt. Her friend calls her Garbchen, maybe the woman is a yoga teacher and has a spiritual name and is then called Gauri. Who is this woman now: Gabi, Garbchen, Gabriele, Gauri, Ms. Schmidt, Mami, darling? The woman is everything. It is not limited to anything.
In this sense: God is one. The divine is one.
An analogy to the approach to the divine from India
People can access the divine in many different ways. There is also an analogy from India, which also exists in Persia and is now widely known.
In a kingdom of the blind it was reported that there was an elephant. The king sent five scouts and they came back afterwards and reported very differently afterwards. One of them had grabbed the elephant's legs and said: "The elephant is like a pillar." The next one had grabbed the elephant's belly and said: "The elephant is like a big roof." The next one grabbed the elephant's trunk and said: "The elephant is like a snake." The next one had grasped the elephant's tusks and said, "The elephant is like a solid horn." Another grabbed the elephant's tail and said, "The elephant is like a tuft of hair."
What is the elephant now? Column, tuft of hair, roof or horn? What is the elephant? Everything - and yet more than that. God is much of what you imagine it to be, but God is more than that. Therefore, worship God as you want to worship him, but do not think that this is the only true God. Krishna says in the Bhagavad Gita "God will appear to you in the form in which you worship God."
So if you worship God as Krishna, you will experience God as Krishna, if you worship God as the Triune God, God will appear to you as the Triune God. If you especially worship Jesus, you will feel Jesus more and more. If you worship Allah, you will feel Allah.
Video: Which God is True?
Here you will find a lecture video with the topic "Which God is the True?"
A short treatise by yoga teacher Sukadev Volker Bretz about God, maybe helpful for you if you are interested in spirituality.
More questions and answers about God
Here you will find answers to further questions about God:
Which God is the True? More information about God and spirituality
Here you can find more information about God and spirituality and some things related to Which God is the True?
Jnana Yoga, philosophy
- May 28, 2021 - May 30, 2021 - Asanas in the spirit of Sanskrit
- During these hours you hold the asanas a little longer than (possibly) used and enjoy Sanskrit affirmations that I get from the yoga sutras by Patanjali and Vedantic texts by Adi Shankara ...
- 05/30/2021 - 06/04/2021 - Vedanta Meditation Course Leader Training
- Vedanta meditations aim to question the identification with one's person, to focus attention on the self and to develop clear spiritual instruments. We treat ...
- May 26th, 2021 - May 26th, 2021 - Bhakti and Meditation - Online Workshop
- Time: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. With yoga class, lecture and meditation. Bhakti Yoga is the path of love and devotion to the divine. You will receive an introduction to Bhakti Yoga with a short lecture, take ...
- May 26th, 2021 - May 28th, 2021 - Slow Down Yoga
- With Slow Down Yoga you walk a path of conscious deceleration and relaxation. With the help of selected breathing and physical exercises as well as meditations you calm your body, your mind ...
- May 28, 2021 - May 28, 2021 - Yoga Sutra, 1st chapter more detailed - Online workshop
- Time: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, Raja Yoga: In this 3 hour workshop we deal in more detail with the 1st chapter of the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali. The Sutra-s born ...
- June 4th, 2021 - June 4th, 2021 - Yoga Sutra, Chapter 2 more detailed - Online workshop
- Time: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, Raja Yoga: In this 3 hour workshop we deal in more detail with the 2nd chapter of the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali. The Sutra-s born ...
- What is between analog and digital
- Piccolo is the strongest Namekian
- What is 25 divided by 1 3
- What is your friend
- What is the best model tool
- A mutation may provide cancer resistance
- Why don't more people eat organic
- Why am I so complacent about spirituality?
- How was your experience with OlympTrade
- Cows are cute
- Atheists see theists as brainwashed people
- Is CFS a mental illness
- What is Jammu
- Doxycycline removes acne scars
- Plays the drums hard on his knees
- Does a star exist within a star
- What was your biggest Brainfart so far
- What do you think of maggots
- What is the poet's mood like
- What is a consulate 1
- Is there another war like Syria
- Where are chihuahuas the most popular dog
- Is there still a Spanish Morocco
- Can a dentist give me an implant