How's Fergusson College for Math
Fergusson College, Junior Wing
General information about the school
Fergusson College was founded in 1885 in the heart of the city of Pune in Maharashtra, India and is now one of the top 10 private colleges in India. In close cooperation with the Savitribai Phule Pune University, we hold state final exams. We provide our learners with the knowledge and moral values they need to survive in today's world. Despite all the modernity, we do not lose sight of our traditions.
Fergusson College, Junior Wing is part of Fergusson College. The Junior Wing covers the 11th and 12th grades and ends with the highest possible Indian school leaving certificate, after which the students can start studying. Job-oriented training courses are also available. Fergusson College offers tuition from 11th grade through graduation.
Fergusson College is particularly known for psychology, economics, and the STEM subjects. There is also a special feature in the language profile of our school. A total of six languages (Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, German, English and French) are offered. We are the only college in Pune that teaches both German and French as major.
German lessons at the school
We have the oldest German language department in India. After receiving his doctorate in Sanskrit and Comparative Linguistics in 1914, Professor Panduranga Gune returned to Pune and taught German alongside his other duties. In 1918, the first bachelor's degree in India began with German at Fergusson College. In 2014 we celebrated our centenary for German classes in India. Today around 330 young people learn German in the Junior Wing.
PASCH activities and international exchange
The school successfully takes part in PASCH activities and receives prizes and grants. Projects such as “Rethinking”, “Mathematics that you can touch”, “Helmet Design” and many more are particularly popular. Fergusson College has been organizing exchange programs with France, Glasgow, Japan, Denmark and of course Germany since 1996. For our students and teachers, the technical and cultural exchange is always a profitable experience.
The German department organizes an annual festival: "GerMania". We invite German experts to workshops and seminars on topics such as history, literature and the environment. We often celebrate historical events, for example “50 years of Franco-German friendship” or “100 years of German lessons in India”. During the “Joy of Giving” week we celebrate with and for the visually impaired.
- Astronauts listen to music in space
- Who are some famous former atheists
- What does a reading man do
- Unknowing people are happier
- What is Mitel
- What is the best urban decay palette
- How did the Falklands War change history?
- Is it possible to befriend your crush?
- Should buy Wikipedia Google
- Should I buy dumbbells or kettlebells?
- Are we in control of love?
- Is Poker Baazi real
- Why am I not passionate about anything?
- Will Snapchat ever lose popularity
- Did the Q continuum evolve from humans?
- Which plastic material is used for deep drawing
- Why is soapstone called soapstone
- Why synchronous motor has a constant speed
- When do people get hair loss
- What shouts Im Rahul Gandhi Fan
- Why is the Burj Khalifa important
- Why is generalized fear a social taboo
- What is Jammu
- Is Israel a safe country for Indians?
- Used car oil is poisonous
- Why do e-cigarette chargers sometimes explode
- What will people do after deleting upsssc
- How can I fix my ripped pants?
- What are some examples of biochemical compounds
- Is that an inclusion
- Can mathematical induction be applied to physics?
- Who is the father of analog computers
- Can someone pass IIT only by luck
- What are the largest suburbs in Maryland