What are the special features of Switzerland?
Switzerland is a small country in the middle of Europe and borders Germany in the north, Austria and Liechtenstein in the east, Italy in the south and France in the west. Switzerland is a very rich country and has a varied landscape - here you will find mountains, valleys and lakes. Only the sea is missing. The Swiss speak a different language depending on where they live, namely French, Italian, Romansh or German. The dialect Swiss German (Schwyzerdütsch) is also widespread.
By the way, did you know that Switzerland has no capital? Only one seat of government and that is in Bern. The largest city in Switzerland is Zurich, with around 400,000 inhabitants, more than twice as many as in Bern.
Switzerland is roughly the size of the Netherlands, making it one of the smaller countries in the world. The highest mountain in Switzerland is the Dufourspitze, which you can find in the Monte Rosa massif. The best known is probably the Matterhorn, this mountain is the symbol of Switzerland. The Matterhorn is often climbed again and again, but this is not entirely safe.
Switzerland - the land of lakes
There are many lakes in Switzerland, over 1500 have already been counted. By the way, Lake Geneva is the largest.
Switzerland is divided into cantons
What the federal states are in Germany, the cantons are in Switzerland. There are 26 in number. By the way, each canton has its own constitution.
There are four official languages spoken in Switzerland, depending on where you are in Switzerland. The most common is German, followed by French, then Italian and a language that is rarely spoken, namely Rhaeto-Romanic, which is a mixture of Italian and French.
Switzerland attracts many tourists, especially in winter, because skiing is great here. But Switzerland is also feeling the consequences of climate change because there is often no snow and the lower-lying ski areas have too little snow.
|language||German, French, Italian, Romansh|
|Capital||Seat of government: Bern|
|Longest river||Rhine (375 km in Switzerland)|
|Highest mountain||Dufourspitze (4634 m)|
- Why copied WhatsApp Telegram
- Why and when is a boot required
- How does maintenance work
- Has Arwen given up immortality
- Why is college unfairly expensive
- What is a DMZ host in computers
- What's the most epic bank robbery ever
- Widespread access to wireheading would destroy society
- How do I edit with the Video Toolbox
- Was Einstein weak in practical experiments
- How do I use metacognition in the classroom
- How does a sport mode drive
- How smart is BlackPink
- What did Macron Trump actually check for?
- Which is SRK career best achievement
- Which wave has the highest frequency
- What living things have a very short lifespan
- What is Kundalini doing
- What's your rating of ABS CBN
- Which DC characters would you come with?
- Psychopaths can be crazy
- Is learning Adobe Photoshop helpful
- How will industrial hemp affect the economy
- How do I get cool like you
- How much weight can a floor support
- What are the disadvantages of a company
- How do narcissistic parents create narcissistic children
- Is Pakistan a program country or not
- Can wear warm skin tones cool lipstick
- What is Invisimol malware
- Are pictures of child nudists legal?
- Is there still a Spanish Morocco
- What does it mean to name Christians from Kerala
- How does the prepaid taxi service work