What is the importance of database management
What is a database?
A database is a system for the electronic management of data. The core task of databases is the efficient, permanent and error-free storage of large amounts of data and the provision of required information as required.
Table of Contents
- What do you need a database for?
- How does a database work?
- Which databases are there?
What do you need a database for?
Databases are an integral part of every IT landscape in companies. They are always required when software solutions are used and a common, consistent database is important. In addition, the correctness, completeness and availability of data are important factors for business operations today. Companies therefore absolutely need functioning databases in order to be able to act.
Almost all business applications - including systems such as ERP, CRM and merchandise management - use a database to store information and make it available to the user.
How does a database work?
By definition, database systems consist of two components:
- Database management system (DBMS): Database management software
- Database: Storage of information in the form of individual data records
The most widespread are so-called relational databases. They are based on tables (relations) in which the individual data records are stored. They are also available here to be called up or rearranged. The database management system (DBMS) is responsible for managing and retrieving the data. Relational DBMS use the database language SQL (Structure Query Language) for this purpose. The various database manufacturers have often developed their own "SQL dialect". This is reflected in the name of the language (e.g. T-SQL, PL-SQL).
The counterpart to relational databases are so-called NoSQL databases. The comparatively young technology makes it possible to save data in unstructured form. This approach is particularly important in scenarios with large amounts of data from heterogeneous sources (big data).
Which databases are there?
Businesses now have a choice of many different types of databases. The most common can be found in the following overview:
The author of this article is Ertan Özdil, CEO, founder and partner of the cloud ERP provider weclapp.
Please note the legal information on this article.
- What is a tin scream
- When did people start traveling by plane?
- What attracts a man to like someone
- Which folding bike brand is the best
- How does Jupiter Mahadasha affect you
- Why we study political education 1
- Why do conservatives complain about the media
- Has color animal products
- What is media ant
- How can ions be removed from the water
- How different is the coding of CC3200 from msp430
- How effective is the current deep learning
- How does the Google URL Shortener work
- What is the meaning of the diagram
- How does a fraudster get his job
- What are some popular movie plot patterns
- What would happen if the Pope died?
- How can digital marketing help poor people
- Why do I feel so good
- Can block coal radiation
- Why is proteomics better than genomics
- Why was the concept of resilience created
- What is the structure of the rod ground
- How good are the templates from Wix