What is instinctual behavior
Instincts are innate, relatively rigid behavioral sequences that run automatically in certain situations and without conscious, cognitive effort. A precise, general definition is difficult because the term 'instinct' has not only been used in different contexts throughout history, but also as a synonym for 'Drive', 'reflex' and 'Ordination'Is used. In everyday language, on the other hand, instinct describes an intuitive feeling.
From a biological point of view, instincts fulfill vital functions. Shortly after birth, understandably, there is a lack of experience for the newborn. Without instincts, animals would be easy prey for predators in this early phase. But evolution has produced many different instincts: For example, ungulates try to get up shortly after birth in order to be able to follow their own herd. Turtles go to the water immediately after hatching. Rabbits freeze when fearful, making them harder for the predator to detect or mistaking them for dead.
But instincts still fulfill their function even in adult animals. Nest building in birds, communication between bees and the return of fish to their place of birth for reproduction. All of this is done intuitively and without any learning experience.
Without any instincts, a significantly higher mortality rate can be assumed. But how these behaviors are ultimately represented (in the sense of 'stored') in the organism (genetically and neurobiologically), behavioral research, including its neighboring disciplines, has not yet been able to unequivocally uncover.
- What do Indians expect from 2014
- Which bank is best for deposits
- Nancy Pelosi has good political instincts
- Why am I completely invisible to women
- Can you explain this bizarre event?
- What causes dark urine to sweat excessively
- What software do hackers use
- Why are some Amazon prices so high
- How do I write functions in DSL
- What are the positions in basketball
- Foreigners think they have read with an accent
- What's your rating of WPX hosting
- How does sleep deprivation affect your thoughts
- Am I wrong if I want more
- Computer science engineering is interesting
- Where can I buy custom contact lenses
- Who raised Hercules?
- Where do we get free magazines from
- Can I make pork chicken nuggets
- How fast is battery technology advancing
- How much do you trust your luck
- Can taurine cause anxiety
- Can think of teddy bears
- What mistakes do people often brag about?