Which proofreading pages are hiring
The 10 Best Free Online Proofreading Tools for Writing Error-Free Content
Who still wants to write error-free content that impresses others? If you're looking for proven ways to improve your writing, make use of online proofreading tools.
In this detailed guide, I'll show you the 10 best free online proofreading sites that can help you create error-free content on your blogs. Whether you're writing for a blog or doing essays, proofreading is a must.
Here you can use online proofreading tools to correct your grammatical errors on the go.
Table of Contents
- Why is proofreading important?
- Top 10 Free Online Proofreading Tools
- 1. Grammar
- 2. Google Docs
- 3. ginger
- 4. Polish My Writing (aka After the Deadline)
- 5. Paper Rater
- 6. Evidence Guru
- 7. Language tool
- 8. Slick Write
- 9. Spell Checker Plus
- 10. Reverso
- FAQs | Free online proofreading tools
- Final thoughts on using the best free online proofreading tools
Why is proofreading important?
Whether you're a blogger, writer, or student, you need to create error-free content to attract audiences. If you are looking to start a successful career online, you already know that blogging is one of the best options.
Blogging is mostly about writing error-free content. Google rewards websites that regularly update their pages with error-free content with top rewards.
If you don't get top results for most of the keywords you try, you may be writing content that is full of grammatical errors. So, finding bugs and writing error-free content on your blog or website is crucial if you want to get more traffic from search engines.
This is why proofreading is important and you always need to take care of the content that you post online. Whether you are writing for blogs or academic articles, you need to proofread your articles before sending them to anyone.
There are many benefits to software proofreading, including correcting your typos on the go, and you can easily save them to documents or text files.
Few solid proofreading tips to produce error-free content:
- Always read your articles or essays again before you publish them.
- Read your content aloud to easily correct your grammatical errors or typos.
- Ask your friends to easily find out the mistakes in your content. Or hire an editor to easily make corrections.
- Write in small paragraphs so that you can easily find out where you are making grammatical mistakes. Also, use short sentences if you want to improve your writing skills.
Make sure you use proofreading pages online to write great content with no typos. Now let's get into the details.
Top 10 Free Online Proofreading Tools
Currently, grammar is the most accurate grammatical correction tool on the market. This page not only helps you find your grammatical errors, it also gives you relevant explanations for each error. This is a great benefit for people whose first language is not English.
It also has a built-in plagiarism checker that can help you find the duplicate contents of a copy. It also checks word count and gives you precise details about the document you are working on.
Here are some benefits of using grammar to write error-free content.
- Eliminates most typographical errors
- Works anywhere you write online (this tool will allow you to write flawlessly on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and almost anywhere on the web).
- Built by the world's leading linguists
Get grammar for free here
2. Google Docs
There's a reason I put Google Docs in the first place on my list of online proofreading tools. The reason for this is that Google Docs is not only free, but it also has great features to help you edit your texts on the go. You can also add add-ons like thesaurus, Lucidchart diagrams, template gallery, etc. to make the editing process easier while writing.
You can also save the files offline if the connection is lost or if you just want to write without an internet connection. All in all, Google Docs is the perfect writing solution for any writer involved in essay writing, copywriting, etc.
Here are the features for using Google Docs for editing.
- It offers 15 GB of free space to all Gmail users
- You can keep and save almost any file
- Share as you like
- Secured and loaded
Click here to use Google Docs
Believe it or not, Ginger software is the world's best grammar checker. It's one of the best proofreading tools online that allows you to easily correct your sentences without worrying too much.
If you want to improve your writing and productivity on the go, use Ginger software. You get hassle-free features that will help you improve your writing skills without making mistakes. If you're always making silly mistakes when creating blog posts or writing essays, give Ginger a try. This will ensure that your writing is error free. However, you need to stay online if you want to make changes on the go.
Read: 10 Best Free Online Punctuation Checking Tools For Bloggers And Writers
According to the Ginger website, the most sophisticated "patent-pending technology is used to decipher the semantic meaning and context of text input by comparing it to billions of similar sentences found on the Internet."
Here are some powerful features of the ginger tool.
- Offers great English proofreading
- Works in Microsoft Office and browsers
- Easy to use
- Great design
- Built-in dictionary
- Automatic translator
Try the ginger tool now
4. Polish My Writing (aka After the Deadline)
'Polish my Writing' or also known as 'After the Deadline' is a great proofreader that you can use to check your text to find grammatical errors, style or spelling, if any.
After the deadline or Polish My Writing is a language checker for online users with:
- Contextual spell check
- Advanced style check
- Intelligent grammar check
This tool uses artificial intelligence and natural language processing technology to identify your grammatical errors and give you better and relevant suggestions.
Using this tool is pretty straightforward. Just copy and paste your text into the box on the website. Then click the “Check Writing” button. The great thing about this tool is that it also offers a free plugin called "After the Deadline" for WordPress users. Click here to download the plugin for free.
Use Polish My Writing to improve your writing
5. Paper Rater
Correctly spelled words that are used in the wrong context mean embarrassing mistakes for you. So this tool helps you with the most advanced "context spell checker" to easily correct your grammatical errors.
'Paper Rater' is free proofreading software that uses artificial intelligence to help writers and students write better. The functions include
- Grammar & Spell Checker
- Free proofreader
- No downloads required
- The plagiarism detection tools will also look for duplicate content
- It also gives you writing suggestions to improve your writing
Use Paper Rater to write error-free content
6. Evidence Guru
'Proof Guru' is a free proofreading tool that contains a number of style guides and checklists relevant to different types of content.
You can use the boxed checklists or create your own custom style guides and checklists to make writing easier. This tool usually checks your spelling and automatically suggests changes to your documents.
Proof Guru basically consists of two parts - the Proof Guru website and the Proof Guru Checker.
You can use the Proof Guru website to manage your subscription, checklists, style guides, and standards. Proof Guru Checker is a free Windows desktop application used in Microsoft Word to check your Word documents.
Click here to use Proof Guru
7. Language tool
LanguageTool is an open source proofreading program for English, French, German, Polish and more than 20 other languages.
This proofreading software finds many grammatical errors that a simple spell checker like MS Word cannot and enables you to write error-free content. If you are using the LibreOffice or OpenOffice add-on, you can also use this free "Language Tool".
Try the Language Tool for free by clicking here
8. Slick Write
Whether you're a blogger, writer, or student writing an essay, the SlickWrite proofreading tool can help you check the writing for grammatical errors and take writing to the next level.
If you want to improve your writing skills as a writer or a beginner, consider using SlickWrite. It's one of the simplest free proofreading tools that authors can use to easily find errors and typos in a document or text file.
The functions of the SlickWrite tool are:
- The grammar check is lightning fast
- It offers customizable feedback for your audience and style
- It's completely free
Click here to use SlickWrite
9. Spell Checker Plus
'Spell Check Plus' uses an advanced, yet easy-to-use interface that allows you to check your text for errors in your text.
The great thing about this tool is that it targets a range of mistakes made by second language English learners. Therefore, this tool is a boon for people whose first language is not English and who want to improve their English skills even further.
The spell check and design is almost similar to the MS Word user interface, but it detects more grammatical errors that MS Word does not capture. With this tool you can paste the text into the text field. Once you have entered the text, after clicking the "Check Text" button, you will see if your copy is faulty.
This online tool can spot problems with words that sound the same. For example: there against theirs, it's against it, etc.
This tool catches thousands of often confused words that other spell checkers ignore.
- It is available online and therefore accessible from any computer.
- It follows an educational approach that encourages learning
- It will be updated automatically
Use Spell Check Plus for free to proofread your articles
Reverso is a free online translation, dictionary, grammar and spell checker tool that gives you great features that make it easy to edit your texts.
This tool also offers online translations into French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese.
Here are some great features of the Reverso tool:
- You can benefit from a translation service that has been tested and continuously improved on millions of translations
- Optimize translation quality thanks to the automatic spell check of errors in the original text of your documents
- You can improve your speaking skills and accent by listening to native speakers pronunciations of entire texts
- They can also translate idioms and suggest better translations that the translator could improve
- View dictionary results on the same page and discover the different meanings of words
So what are you waiting for?
Click here to use the Reverso tool
Browse more blogging tutorials:
- Top Blogging Skills You Need to Become a Successful Blogger in 2020
- Best Free Plagiarism Checker Websites For Bloggers
- Best Free Online Punctuation Checking Tools For Bloggers
- Best grammar checker tools online to polish your writing
- Powerful New Year Resolutions Every Blogger Should Follow In 2020
- How do you bring classifieds traffic to your website?
FAQs | Free online proofreading tools
1. What are some proofreading techniques?
Read your content aloud again, ask a friend, write small paragraphs, use short sentences, and make sure you use some proofreading pages for error-free writing.
2. What is the best proofreading website?
For me it's grammar. I've used grammar to proofread my blog posts from the start and it works like a charm for me.
3. Is grammar really free?
Yes, it's free to use. In addition to the free version, you can also opt for the paid services to get more features.
4. Is there a free alternative to grammar?
Yes, there are so many, but I would recommend that you get Pro Writing Aid, the best free grammar alternative.
5. Can you make money proofreading?
Of course, you can make money proofreading. As with software testers, there are proofreaders for error-free typing.
6. How do I become an online proofreader?
There are many freelance websites such as Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, etc that you can easily find suitable work online.
Final thoughts on using the best free online proofreading tools
So, next time you want to write error-free content with no typos or grammatical errors and you want to impress your blog readers with your writing, you should use the free online proofreading tools listed in this post. Feel free to bookmark this page as it will be useful in the future too.
Regardless of what type of tool or service you use, there will always be a mistake - almost none of them will fix your grammatical errors with 100% accuracy with today's technology. So don't be disappointed, just read better and keep writing every day to improve your writing skills.
- What are some creative uses for wood
- How do people work during chemotherapy
- What is a spice burger in Ireland
- Do we need an alternative medium
- Are there poverty ghettos etc. in Norway?
- How are words stored in the brain
- Teachers can curve tests whenever they want
- Your body gets tired easily
- Is Pakistan a program country or not
- What is the most dangerous mythical animal
- Why did the Dalai Lama leave Nepal?
- Can a cardiologist go on vacation
- How does it feel to have ghosts
- How do you beat Barcelona
- How do I create such photos
- How do I find Strava hidden challenges
- How many men are really pedophiles
- How can I integrate SendGrid into ZenDesk
- What can heal you faster
- What do the letters INFP
- Could destroy Ungoliant Melkor
- What is uterine fibrosis
- How can every sin be removed
- What is the REXX tool