What is the temperature of Lake Powell
The meteoblue climate diagrams are based on hourly weather model simulations for 30 years and are available for every place in the world. The climatic diagrams are a good reference point for typical climatic patterns and the expected weather conditions (temperature, precipitation, sunshine and wind). The spatial resolution of the weather simulations is 30 km and therefore cannot represent every local effect such as thunderstorms, local winds or tornadoes.
You can explore the climate for any place in the world such as the Amazon rainforest, the West African savanna, the Sahara, the Siberian tundra or the Himalayan mountains.
30 years of hourly historical weather data for Lake Powell can be purchased with history +. Download variables such as temperature, wind, clouds and precipitation as a CSV file for any location on earth. The Lake Powell weather archive for the past 2 weeks is available free of charge here.
Average temperatures and precipitation
The "Average Daily Maximum" (solid red line) shows the maximum temperature of an average day for Lake Powell. Likewise, the "average daily minimum" (solid blue line) shows the minimum temperature of an average day. Hot days and cold nights (dashed red and blue lines) show the average of the hottest and coldest day of each month over 30 years. The wind speed is not displayed by default, but can be activated below the graphic.
The precipitation diagram is useful for planning seasonal effects such as the monsoon climate in India or the rainy season in Africa. Monthly precipitation totals over 150mm are considered wet, monthly precipitation totals below 30mm are considered dry. Note: Simulated precipitation totals in tropical regions and complex terrain tend to be lower than local measurements.
Cloud, sun and precipitation days
This graph shows the number of days with sunshine, partial cloud, cloud cover, and precipitation. Days with less than 20% cloudiness are classified as sunny days. Days with 20-80% cloud cover as partly cloudy and days with more than 80% overcast. While Reykjavík in Iceland has mostly overcast days, Sossusvlei in the Namibian desert is one of the sunniest places in the world.
Note: The number of days of precipitation in tropical climates such as Malaysia or Indonesia can be overestimated by a factor of up to 2.
The climate diagram "Maximum Temperatures" for Lake Powell shows how many days in the month a certain temperature is reached. Dubai, one of the hottest cities in the world, has almost no days with temperatures below 40 ° C in July. You can also see the cold winters in Moscow with some days that don't even reach a daily maximum of -10 ° C.
The precipitation chart for Lake Powell shows both the days of precipitation and the corresponding amounts of precipitation. In zones with a tropical monsoon climate, the amount of precipitation can be underestimated.
The diagram for Lake Powell shows the days of the month when the wind reaches a certain speed. An interesting example is the highlands of Tibet, where the monsoons bring steady, strong winds from December to April and rather weak winds from June to October.
The unit of wind speed can be changed under Settings (top right).
The compass rose for Lake Powell shows how many hours a year the wind has blown from which direction. Example SW: The wind blows from the south-west (SW) to the north-east (NE). Cape Horn, the southernmost point of South America, has a characteristically strong west wind, which makes crossing from east to west very difficult, especially for sailboats.
meteoblue has been archiving weather model data since 2007. In 2014 we started to calculate a weather model from 1984 in order to build up a complete, global weather archive with hourly data for 30 years. The climate diagrams are the first public climate data set with simulation data that was published on the internet.
The data is derived from our global NEMS weather model with a resolution of about 30 km and cannot reproduce detailed local weather effects such as heat islands, cold air currents, thunderstorms or tornadoes. For locations and events that require very high precision (such as power generation, insurance, etc.), we offer high-resolution simulations with hourly data.
These data can be used under the Creative Commons license "Attribution + Noncommercial (BY-NC)". Any commercial use is illegal.
- Why is newspaper used as packaging
- Do you ever get depressed while eating
- Why are my parents so angry
- What are the best tips after college
- Why do people take black cow oil
- Would robots be better killers than humans?
- How should I simplify the annual financial statements
- Contains Listerine sugar
- Ruby on Rails is free to use
- Can Gokshura be taken with finasteride
- What are the benefits of dermarolling
- Where can I get football predictions
- What does it mean to be in this sentence
- Astronauts listen to music in space
- Why are polar substances soluble in water
- How did Albert Einstein earn his living
- Who is your favorite Instagram poster
- How is the taxation in China
- Is Abella Mayfair Wrinkle Cream effective
- What is negative 1 in binary
- What is the future for mainframes
- Can you join two clubs in high school
- Which is the world's largest hotel franchise
- What is contracting
- What would Satan think of Satanists?
- Which god or goddess do you worship
- How should I plan my 20s
- What is the youngest MLB team
- Are NFL players good at basketball
- What is the origin of the persimmon fruit?
- How did Albert Einstein earn his living
- What is the bilical meaning of 43
- What are the officials of tennis
- Who developed the Voot app