What problems does EMDR
EMDR is an established psychotherapy method that has its origins in psychotrauma therapy. However, the possible uses of EMDR extend far beyond this. EMDR is based on the fact that every person has a natural ability to process information, by means of which they can process stressful experiences.
The central element of EMDR therapy are the guided eye movements - also known as bilateral stimulation: the patient follows the therapist's fingers with his or her eyes while the therapist alternately moves her hand to the right and left. The client's eye movements are comparable to the eye movements in REM sleep - the phase of sleep in which the events of the day are processed. As an alternative to hand movements, the therapist can use sounds or touch the back of the patient's hand.
At the beginning of the EMDR treatment, qualified trauma therapists diagnose the trauma and the associated stressful symptoms in a detailed and well-founded anamnesis. So that patients can carefully approach the trauma, EMDR specialists create a safe and protected framework with a lot of empathy. Now the patients and their therapists can look at the pictures and situations associated with the traumatic event and decouple them from the stressful emotions. Typically, EMDR therapists lead several sequences of eye movements that last from half a minute to a minute during a session. They mindfully guide the patient through what is remembered and the associated sensations.
An EMDR session is comparable to a train journey: the patients drive past the event again - but from a safe distance and accompanied by their therapists. As the session progresses, the stressful memory fades bit by bit and the symptoms of the trauma are resolved. Patients learn to deal with the old traumatic memories and thoughts and can develop a new, more appropriate perspective on what is happening.
- Why is research empirical
- Where was the nation's first capital
- Should I burst my abscessed tooth?
- Do you dance when you are happy
- What would make you miserable
- When should a startup outsource product development?
- What is better programming or animation
- What Happens When You Eat Green Mold
- What is mass weight
- What is the average duration of chickenpox?
- Calculus is important for studying quantum physics
- Has ice cream eggs
- How do Indian actors look without makeup
- What does life mean for 1
- How can I find out my talents
- How do I sell my 5K Retina iMac
- Can a zodiac sign describe the human character
- Which films show bank runs
- What TV series changed your life
- The Reliance company will be closed
- All veterans should get free health care
- Why are catamarans so fast
- Who is Steve Jobs' son
- Hires drdo metallurgy and materials engineers