Why do we study Islam
1. Course content
The "Islamic Theology" bachelor's degree combines theology with general humanities, cultural and social science issues.
This includes dealing with religious source material, but also dealing with religious practice and its communication. In addition, the course deals with the Islamic religion in a European and German context and imparts interreligious and intercultural skills.
The course focuses on the following disciplines:
- Koran, Koran reading and Koran exegesis
- Hadith Sciences and Prophetic Tradition
- Islamic Doctrine and Systematic Theology
- Islamic law (legal sources and methodology for finding the law, legal history)
- Islamic history and contemporary culture
- Religious education
- Islamic philosophy
- Islamic mysticism
- Islam ethics
- Interreligious Studies
- Islamic languages (Arabic)
The ZITh also offers students the opportunity to develop interdisciplinary research approaches.
2. Admission requirements
The admission requirement for studying Islamic theology is a university entrance qualification (Abitur or subject-specific university entrance qualification). A completed university of applied sciences degree or university degree also entitles you to a (second) degree at a university. Prospective students from abroad must have a qualification equivalent to the general university entrance qualification. You can obtain more detailed information from the student secretariat.
The "Islamic Theology" course is not denominational.
A good knowledge of German is also a prerequisite for taking up a degree in Islamic theology, as the language of instruction is primarily German. Courses can also be held in English, so sufficient language skills are also required here.
3. Selection process
This course is not restricted in admission. Enrollment takes place via the Alma portal: https://uni-tuebingen.de/studium/bewerbung-und-immatrikulation/immatrikulation/der-online-immatrikulationsfrage/
You can get more information here or in the Student Administration Office of the University of Tübingen.
It is possible to start studying in the winter semester. Applications for the first semester are only possible online. Access to the online application will be activated every year from the beginning of May. The application deadline is July 15th (cut-off period!)
Here you will find all the important information about applying for a bachelor's degree.
The Student Administration Office will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
5. Standard period of study
The BA course comprises six semesters with a total of 180 credit points and is concluded with the bachelor thesis. The BA degree enables students to take up a master’s degree in Islamic theology.
6. Module manual
The module manual can be found on the right.
7. Occupational fields
The course conveys the technical and methodological
Competence related to theological, religious and congregational pedagogy
as well as pastoral activities in mosque communities
qualified. The graduates of the Islamic
Theology also opens up a wide range of career opportunities in
Science, politics, business and public relations as well
in other areas of society. Other professional fields
open up in integration and migration work, the
Cultural management, adult education or in advisory
Function in socio-educational or psychological
8. Course counseling
- How do I sell at ShopClues
- What is the equivalent weight of CH3COOH
- How historical is the film Gladiator
- When did modern literacy spread?
- What is Setup MSI
- Which screenshots can entertain people without limits
- Manage properties on Airbnb
- Can I design a double circuit board
- Bankruptcy is my only option
- What types of people drive a Cadillac
- What is the full form of YCMOU
- Is it worth getting the CAPM
- What are some habits to be attractive
- What is the name of a new, unused stamp
- Counts manga as a graphic novel
- Who is your favorite football expert?
- Why is Windows damaged?
- Why is Heathrow Airport so crowded
- Why did JK Rowling make Dumbledore
- Why do horror films have a bad ending
- Who is a developer of smartphones
- Can apply good content
- What makes a successful school
- What is antidote made of